Thing 1 & Thing 2!

Post a pic of your CNC machines!
teri1337
Prints-a-lot

Thing 1 & Thing 2!

Post by teri1337 »

Hi all! I was extremely lucky in picking up not just one, but TWO SeeMeCNC printers this month! (A super-christmas present to myself! :lol: ) I bought the Orion not realizing it wasn't going to be big enough to print one of my goal objects (an Adafruit PiGRRL case), but instead of returning it for the larger Rostock Max v2, I decided to get them both, and I'm so glad I did! I had a blast building the Rostock, and both of them have been printing non-stop since I got them. I'm totally in love with these printers! I've already printed two custom designs for work, a bunch of Christmas Cookie Cutters, the entire Make Magazine 2015 test-prints (which came out rather well I think!), and a bunch of misc. items from Thingiverse, including a Tower-of-Pi that came out just amazing! My only regret is my not ordering these printers sooner! :)

Here are some pics of my printers, and some of the stuff I've been printing (including the PiGRRL case):
My two wonderful machines!
My two wonderful machines!
thing_1_snowman.jpg
thing_2_ghosts.jpg
misc. prints
misc. prints
snowman & pigrrl printing
snowman & pigrrl printing
finished pigrrl case!
finished pigrrl case!
Nice to meet you all! :)

-teri1337
Khalid Khattak
Printmaster!

Re: Thing 1 & Thing 2!

Post by Khalid Khattak »

congratulations :) You are very lucky girl...

Edit: mistakenly considered her a man ;)
Last edited by Khalid Khattak on Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
teri1337
Prints-a-lot

Post by teri1337 »

[strike]I would be, if I were a man... LOL[/strike]

Thanks! :)
Last edited by teri1337 on Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
BenTheRighteous
Printmaster!

Post by BenTheRighteous »

A man with nail polish? ;)

Anyway, looks like you're off to a great start! I've had my MAX for much longer and I don't think I've even got it dialed in that well yet!

Was the Orion really not large enough to print the PiGRRL case? It looks like it would fit...
nitewatchman wrote:it was much cleaner and easier than killing a chicken on top of the printer.
BenTheRighteous
Printmaster!

Post by BenTheRighteous »

Alright, something's fishy here... these pictures are way too good for beginner's luck. These aren't your first printers, are they?! Admit it!!
nitewatchman wrote:it was much cleaner and easier than killing a chicken on top of the printer.
teri1337
Prints-a-lot

Post by teri1337 »

Hi Ben! Thanks for the compliment! They really are my first 3d printers, but admittedly I've been building electronics all my life and attention to detail is my job. ;) Plus I've been shopping for a 3d printer for years to help me with my Maker pursuits. :) I just followed the build instructions and did all the calibrations. I think SeeMeCNC just made some incredible machines (and they're fun to watch, too!)

-teri1337
Khalid Khattak
Printmaster!

Post by Khalid Khattak »

I looked her nail but i thought the nail was hit by some hammer ;) ....
teri1337
Prints-a-lot

Post by teri1337 »

Ouch! That's what I get for printing ABS with an acetone base - it wiped out most of my nail polish! Oh well, I meant to be taking pics of the Pi-Grrl case, not my hands. ;)
barry99705
Printmaster!

Post by barry99705 »

teri1337 wrote:Ouch! That's what I get for printing ABS with an acetone base - it wiped out most of my nail polish! Oh well, I meant to be taking pics of the Pi-Grrl case, not my hands. ;)
At least your toes weren't in the pics! Case came out awesome, but what's with all the projectors?
Never do anything you don't want to have to explain to the paramedics.
lightninjay
Printmaster!

Post by lightninjay »

Glad you chose SeeMeCNC! I'm sure it was a mixed combo of Price, Quality, and amazing forum support lol. It gets the best of us! Glad to see you're enjoying the wonders that are 3D printers and are already off to such a great start with challenging prints!

As you said, I'm sure much of this has to do with your attention to detail. Your skills in 3D printing will always only be limited by your own ability to read between the lines and decide the best settings and use of filaments for your machines. :)
If at first you don't succeed, you're doing something wrong. Try again, and if it fails again, try once more. Through trial and error, one can be the first to accomplish something great.
RJLynn67
Prints-a-lot

Post by RJLynn67 »

Have to ask where you got the Olaf model?

My daughters would love that! :)
teri1337
Prints-a-lot

Post by teri1337 »

I downloaded the Olaf model from thingiverse. You can find it here:

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:440343" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Enjoy! :)
RJLynn67
Prints-a-lot

Post by RJLynn67 »

I also need to model up a Princess Unikitty as they want one of those real bad as well. Too bad the dang printer is stuck doing work! :) Great looking stuff by the way.

Thanks for the Olaf link.
RJLynn67
Prints-a-lot

Post by RJLynn67 »

Welp, found Unikitty on THingverse as well.. :)
Chrissi
Printmaster!

Post by Chrissi »

Looking awesome Teri!
...Chrissi

Rostock MAX
http://www.CozyGirrrl.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Return to “Show us your machine!”