What is maximum temp for hot end?

A pre-assembled Delta Printer that can print a 6" cube 8" tall!
precisionpete
Printmaster!

What is maximum temp for hot end?

Post by precisionpete »

Searched and read through the manual, want to print using taulman 645 and stated temp = 245c
What is the maximum temperature for our orion?

Anyone use this and can share more tips? Plan on printing onto blue painters tape per taulmans spec page.

Thanks,
Pete
Polygonhell
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Re: What is maximum temp for hot end?

Post by Polygonhell »

precisionpete wrote:Searched and read through the manual, want to print using taulman 645 and stated temp = 245c

Anyone use this and can share more tips? Plan on printing onto blue painters tape per taulmans spec page.

Thanks,
Pete
I wouldn't take the stock hotend over about 240, the PEEK portion is only rated for 245, and unless you've measured it with a thermocouple I wouldn't trust the reported temperature to be particularly accurate.
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Eaglezsoar »

precisionpete wrote:Searched and read through the manual, want to print using taulman 645 and stated temp = 245c

Thanks,
Pete
I agree with Poygonhell.
I would not sustain a temperature much over 240 with the stock hotend. See this topic: http://forum.seemecnc.com/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=1364" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
“ Do Not Regret Growing Older. It is a Privilege Denied to Many. ”
precisionpete
Printmaster!

Post by precisionpete »

Appreciate the quick help.
Tried printing this afternoon at 215 without reading anything :( isn't that what we do? jump in and "do it"
Anyways it lifted the first layer but then I printed it on the glass with just glue!
Just switched from blue pla because I wanted something clear
Might try this tomorrow at 235 on painters tape to see if it sticks and doesn't lift.
Thanks again guys,
Pete
Nylocke
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Nylocke »

Ive destroyed 2 SeeMe hotends in my early days of printing by going up to 250+ for ABS... I wouldn't advise going above 240, like poly and eagle have said.

Return to “ORION”