First layer not sticking problem

A pre-assembled Delta Printer that can print a 6" cube 8" tall!
ximeng
Plasticator

First layer not sticking problem

Post by ximeng »

Hi everyone,

I'm using an ORION printer, a problem came up that the first layer is always not attaching to the bed.

I'm using PLA, extruder 200/bed 60. One layer of white gaffer tape on glass heated bed. I've tried a lot of different Z height, from too far to too close to bed. They were all not working.

Any suggestion? I notice that when I run tower g-code file, nozzle seems to scratch tape when moving to one of the towers. Could it be a bed leveling issue?
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Re: First layer not sticking problem

Post by Eaglezsoar »

It could be a bed leveling problem or it could be that you need to get away from using the tape and using glue sticks or hairspray as
adherence agents. I spray the purple can of Aqua Net hair spray directly on the glass and let it dry. I then use a piece of copying paper
and place the paper on the glass and use the front panel to bring the nozzle down so that it just applies a LITTLE tension to the paper.
Works every time for me.
You can use a sheet of PEI to help your parts to stick, the whole story is here http://forum.seemecnc.com/viewtopic.php ... PEI#p91825
The story is told at other locations also, use the search function to find the other threads.

You can use other forms of adhesive on the glass also, I recommend the search function to find threads of sticking to bed or something similar.
Best of luck with your problem.
“ Do Not Regret Growing Older. It is a Privilege Denied to Many. ”

Return to “ORION”