Issues printing geometries correctly

A pre-assembled Delta Printer that can print a 6" cube 8" tall!
WeLikeSports
Noob

Issues printing geometries correctly

Post by WeLikeSports »

Hello,
I am new to 3D printing (my employer has lent me his to build some prototypes). It has not been used in about 7 years and was running an older firmware
print log.PNG
print log.PNG (8.89 KiB) Viewed 3309 times
. I have been having trouble printing geometries correctly. The edges of squares are not straight and the fill does not meet the walls.
first layer in matter control:
IMG_2068.jpg
IMG_2068.jpg (3.39 MiB) Viewed 3309 times
~ first layer on bed:
IMG_2067.jpg
IMG_2067.jpg (2.68 MiB) Viewed 3309 times
~ full print (2.5mm thick):
IMG_2073.jpg
IMG_2073.jpg (2.24 MiB) Viewed 3309 times

Circles do not seem to be circular either.
first layer in matter control:
IMG_2071 (1).jpg
IMG_2071 (1).jpg (4.12 MiB) Viewed 3309 times
~ first layer on bed:
IMG_2070.jpg
IMG_2070.jpg (2.67 MiB) Viewed 3309 times
~ full print (2.5mm thick):
IMG_2075.jpg
IMG_2075.jpg (2.13 MiB) Viewed 3309 times

I assumed it was a calibration issue and did all of the calibration I could. However, when I tried to do the more detailed calibration on the seemecnc website the names of variables in the eeprom settings did not line up with the input options. I thought this may be due to old firmware so I updated the firmware using arduino (current firmware:
print log 2.PNG
print log 2.PNG (5.54 KiB) Viewed 3309 times
). This made my printer stop working anywhere close to normal. I messed with the eeprom settings and tweaking the horizontal bar radius fixed the major issues. I then did level calibration and tried the seemecnc website calibration again. The eeprom options lined up but when I ran the probe gcode, most of the commands were not recognized. I am currently still having the same problem where geometries are out of line.

I am guessing this is a software issue because it seems to happen the same on every print however, it does not seem to be uniformly off throughout a print which makes me think it is not a mechanical issue.

If anyone has any suggestions they would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
geneb
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Re: Issues printing geometries correctly

Post by geneb »

The probing only works if you've got an HE280 hot end with the accel. probe on it.

What style of carriages do you have on the Orion? Are they laser cut Melamine, or injection molded plastic?

tnx.

g.
Delta Power!
Defeat the Cartesian Agenda!
http://www.f15sim.com - 80-0007, The only one of its kind.
http://geneb.simpits.org - Technical and Simulator Projects

Return to “ORION”