Polygon Delta Printer

Such as Laser cutters (Must use the phrase 'sharks with frickin lazors' once per thread)
Polygonhell
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Polygon Delta Printer

Post by Polygonhell »

I thought some others here might find this interesting.

Nothing to do with me despite the name.

I backed this a couple of days ago, I don't know Billy outside occasional interactions on the reprap forum, but he's been around repraps and printers for at least 5 years, I missed out on his last KickStarter (the printxel), which was at the time very cheap and produced excellent prints.

It's a limited production, but I believe you can still buy in the US using the World Wide option.

Note this printer has no heated bed, no electronics and no PSU, so it's not for the inexperienced.

If anyone at SeeMe doesn't want this posted here, just go ahead and delete it.
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Re: Polygon Delta Printer

Post by Eaglezsoar »

Thanks for the info. That looks like a fine printer with the flying extruder, magnetic Arms and a large build area.
“ Do Not Regret Growing Older. It is a Privilege Denied to Many. ”
bubbasnow
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by bubbasnow »

I think that no controller board is a great way to sell machines.. concentrate on doing a single thing right!! Looks like a solid machine.
Xenocrates
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Xenocrates »

Personally, I like SeemeCNC's approach. Sell everything you need, but get the controller off the shelf from a well known outfit. Of course, if they sold it without a board, or with a Duet option, I'm sure there are some people who would like that.
Machines:
Rostock Max V2, Duet .8.5, PT100 enabled E3D V6 and volcano, Raymond style enclosure
Automation Technology 60W laser cutter/engraver
1m X-carve router

Sic Transit Gloria Mundi
01-10011-11111100001
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Eaglezsoar »

Xenocrates wrote:Personally, I like SeemeCNC's approach. Sell everything you need, but get the controller off the shelf from a well known outfit. Of course, if they sold it without a board, or with a Duet option, I'm sure there are some people who would like that.
I like the way you think. SeemeCNC's goal has always been to appeal to the majority of people, they learned a long time ago that trying to please everyone would never work.
I try not to get angry but when the complainers come on here and cannot find one thing positive to say I have to prevent myself from exploding. Everyone has a right to their
opinion but they can't find one thing positive to say about SeemeCNC and the manual?
Again I wish to thank you for your highly technical answers and the length you will go to help someone. You are needed on this forum.
“ Do Not Regret Growing Older. It is a Privilege Denied to Many. ”
Xenocrates
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Xenocrates »

Thanks Eagle. Not entirely relevant to the conversation in this thread, but it's certainly nice to get an ego boost right now. 5 hours on a mill, and no salvageable part, when the whole lab's getting ripped up by monday, and I have 4 other parts to make really is frustrating, but finding that when I got home helps a whole lot.
Machines:
Rostock Max V2, Duet .8.5, PT100 enabled E3D V6 and volcano, Raymond style enclosure
Automation Technology 60W laser cutter/engraver
1m X-carve router

Sic Transit Gloria Mundi
01-10011-11111100001

Return to “Other Machines”