teaser alert

Such as Laser cutters (Must use the phrase 'sharks with frickin lazors' once per thread)
johnoly99
Printmaster!

teaser alert

Post by johnoly99 »

So, everybody knows we are headed to CES this January right? What will be showing off? I'll just drop this here for now. More to come soon!
Attachments
Eris_ces_cover
Eris_ces_cover
Proto
Printmaster!

Re: teaser alert

Post by Proto »

Grumble, Grumble, Grumble...

Should I buy a 3D Printer now or wait for the new toys??? Excuse me while I find a nice brick wall to help me with this dilemma. :lol: :roll: :lol: :roll: :?: :ugeek: (in case you haven't figured it out... J/K 8-) )

I'll gladly pay you Tuesday for a 3D Printer today ;)
This Space for RENT --- PM me for info --- :roll: :lol:

My build thread - http://forum.seemecnc.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=6981" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
OG build thread - http://forum.seemecnc.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=1228" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
teoman
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by teoman »

Is that a v3?
When on mobile I am brief and may be perceived as an arsl.
critical_limit
Printmaster!

Post by critical_limit »

You named it Eris.

Is the Printer as small as his name standing for?

Smaller than the Orion?

Give us Informations, please. Massive Pictures, Specs, etc.
You know that we can´t wait till we have seen the first pics...... ;-)

Early Bird order planned?

WE CANT WAIT! Rostock is running fine, so we are all bored and want to test the new Planet....
Nylocke
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Nylocke »

Hype train now boarding
johnoly99
Printmaster!

Post by johnoly99 »

critical_limit wrote:You named it Eris.

Is the Printer as small as his name standing for?

Smaller than the Orion?

Give us Informations, please. Massive Pictures, Specs, etc.
You know that we can´t wait till we have seen the first pics...... ;-)

Early Bird order planned?

WE CANT WAIT! Rostock is running fine, so we are all bored and want to test the new Planet....
Yes, Steve named it the Eris, after his son was studying astrology for school online. Besides being the dwarf planet, it's also the goddess of chaos and 'hackerdom', which sounds good!

Yes, it is smaller than the Orion. It has a 5" diameter by just over 6" tall build envelope, but the overall machine size is pretty small too. It's a great size for portability and with a much lower weight and size, should lend itself well to classrooms and traveling makers.

We've been working on a new hotend design to launch with it. It's biggest feature is NO PEEK! Yep, that's right, no PEEK. However, it will still have a ptfe liner, as that's the only way to reliably (by reliably, we mean as excellent as our current hotend does with pla) print with the widest range of available materials. It does put a nix on the high temp materials, but as those are a special-purpose material, those people would most likely be building a Rostock MAX (hint hint)

It will debut the new Rambo-mini motherboard, with notable things like a switch BACK to marlin based firmware most likely. The hotend platform will be available as a unit, completely assembled ready to plug n print, with one connector and the bowden being the only thing needed to swap out the entire platform with the hotend, fan, platform etc...

We've got to get it finished up in the next few weeks, CES is coming fast!
teoman
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by teoman »

That is a relief.

I still have the best printer on the planet :)
astroboy907
Printmaster!

Post by astroboy907 »

Proto wrote:Grumble, Grumble, Grumble...

Should I buy a 3D Printer now or wait for the new toys??? Excuse me while I find a nice brick wall to help me with this dilemma. :lol: :roll: :lol: :roll: :?: :ugeek: (in case you haven't figured it out... J/K 8-) )

I'll gladly pay you Tuesday for a 3D Printer today ;)
I'm along the same lines as well. I know I'm going to get one sooner or later, but I'm secretly hoping for the V3 to show up :mrgreen:
Flateric wrote: Black ABS, weak part, bizzare holes, bad layer adhesion, loss of details. Loss of sanity.
My Heatware!.
BenTheRighteous
Printmaster!

Post by BenTheRighteous »

Woah woah guys, hold your horses. I just bought my v2 not too long ago. If v3 comes out anytime soon, I'll be a sad panda if ever there was one!
nitewatchman wrote:it was much cleaner and easier than killing a chicken on top of the printer.
Kevinvandeusen
Printmaster!

Post by Kevinvandeusen »

Got my tickets, ready to check out this bad boy in Vegas!
Distributor of SeeMeCNC in South Carolina
bot
Printmaster!

Post by bot »

The ad still mentions Orion and Rostock v2, so I think eris will be a new flagship, perhaps in the 2k+ price range that has more bells and whistles than the rostock. The linear motion seems to be on rods, not extrusion.
*not actually a robot
johnoly99
Printmaster!

Post by johnoly99 »

Other way bot. Think entry level/affordable. $600 ish
astroboy907
Printmaster!

Post by astroboy907 »

johnoly99 wrote:Other way bot. Think entry level/affordable. $600 ish
Definitely will be a hit for that price! Bring the delta love! :)
Flateric wrote: Black ABS, weak part, bizzare holes, bad layer adhesion, loss of details. Loss of sanity.
My Heatware!.
bot
Printmaster!

Post by bot »

Ah very cool! It looks so slick I thought it would be a flagship!
*not actually a robot
teoman
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by teoman »

BenTheRighteous wrote:Woah woah guys, hold your horses. I just bought my v2 not too long ago. If v3 comes out anytime soon, I'll be a sad panda if ever there was one!
Those were my sentiments as well.
bot
Printmaster!

Post by bot »

When I bought mine in Sept I asked them if v3 was around the corner and they replied something to the effect of "v2 is less than a year old!" And also, what would be the big improvements you'd expect to be jealous of in a v3? I don't see anything, other than sweet new hot end configurations (that aren't patented) or the like. The design of the v2 is pretty amazing, especially after considering the price.

And I take back my flagship remarks. Maybe providing a great delta at an even MORE accessible price (which is nuts already) could make it even MORE of a flagship than max and orion.

SeeMeCNC, are you selling stock?
*not actually a robot
teoman
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by teoman »

Its a psychological thing related to the desire to possess the best. Where the best is very subjective.

I am very happy with my printer.

But I do want another one. And a v3 might be an excuse.
Chrissi
Printmaster!

Post by Chrissi »

Sounds perfect for school use; would love to see this on every desk in a room full of creative kids!
...Chrissi

Rostock MAX
http://www.CozyGirrrl.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
emile1138
Printmaster!

Post by emile1138 »

Jurassic World trailer this week, Star Wars EVII trailer by the end of the year, and the Eris in January?

I'm going to need to ask for extra pants and underwear for Christmas. I'll be soiling my current ones for three solid months.
----------
Caleb Fairres
Media Manager / Assembly Technician

601 Sroufe Street
Suite 200 / Dock 2
Ligonier, IN 46767
(765) 884-4100
[email protected]
McSlappy
Printmaster!

Post by McSlappy »

Excellent! I like the market segment you're aiming at! Very nice looking package!
I loved my Rostock so much I now sell them in Oz :)
Mac The Knife
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Mac The Knife »

I might be able to fit that in on my desk at work,,,,, but how to sell it to the Boss,,,,
R-Max V2
Eris
Folger Tech FT-5 R2
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Eaglezsoar »

Mac The Knife wrote:I might be able to fit that in on my desk at work,,,,, but how to sell it to the Boss,,,,
Convince her that it will use half of the electric of the MAX and your electric bill will go down :lol:
Mac The Knife
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Mac The Knife »

That's not a problem,,,, I have no boss at home,,,, I'm referring to the Boss at work, who might find that its operation would be to distracting! I would at least be printing out 3d business cards.
R-Max V2
Eris
Folger Tech FT-5 R2
BenTheRighteous
Printmaster!

Post by BenTheRighteous »

Just buy the machine out of pocket, and invoice your company for the parts they need and the extra service you provide! Maybe eventually you can recoup the cost of the machine and then some!
nitewatchman wrote:it was much cleaner and easier than killing a chicken on top of the printer.
Chrissi
Printmaster!

Post by Chrissi »

Mac The Knife wrote:That's not a problem,,,, I have no boss at home,,,, I'm referring to the Boss at work, who might find that its operation would be to distracting! I would at least be printing out 3d business cards.
Attach a spoon to the hot end and tell her it is a coffee stirrer you needed in order to exact the most efficiency out of yourself possible
...Chrissi

Rostock MAX
http://www.CozyGirrrl.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Return to “Other Machines”