The OVAL

A place to post your fails. We know you got 'em, now share what you think caused 'em
wardelder
Noob

The OVAL

Post by wardelder »

Well... I pride myself in being a good "builder". Three 3D printers, a 2'x4' 100watt Lasersaur and a 2'x4' 8tool milling machine... Okay, I am ready, I get a Rostock Max V3 kit. Assemble like pro. Print a small part. But wait!!! it is not round... it is OVAL!!! I tighten motors, check squareness, re-tighten motors... still getting OVALS! Okay, I give up, I go to bed...

Next day I try again. This time with new eyes I find the problem... I had the Y belt installed wrong on the lower injection molded support. It was around one of the plastic posts instead of behind the post. This is a plastic post that runs horizontally in the lower injection support. One post has an idler bearing and the other does not. I know my explanation sucks and I don't have pictures but make sure your belts are installed correctly or this fantastic printer will print fantastic ovals every time.
crocky
Printmaster!

Re: The OVAL

Post by crocky »

Top story... I liked the end as well...

Happy Printing :)
Bob
Rostock Max V2, Ball Cup Arms, New Carriages, HE280, Dampers, PSU Breathing, Simplify 3D, GeckoTek3D, Raspberry Pi3. Duet soon... Kossel Mini still under construction.
Delta's are the way!
DeltaCon
Printmaster!

Re: The OVAL

Post by DeltaCon »

It's one thing if your circles become ovals, but another thing if your squares become circles... ;-)
I am DeltaCon, I have a delta, my name is Con, I am definitely PRO delta! ;-)
Rostock V2 / E3D Volcano / FSR kit / Duet 0.6

PS.: Sorry for the avatar, that's my other hobby!

Return to “FAIL HAPPENS ! ! !”