Ugly outline perimeters

A place to post your fails. We know you got 'em, now share what you think caused 'em
dsl158
Printmaster!

Ugly outline perimeters

Post by dsl158 »

Printing speed: 3200 min/mm
Outline Underspeed: 50%
Solid Infill Undnerspeed: 45%
Layer Height: 0.2300 mm
Temperature: 210C
Filament type: Pla
Retraction Distance: 5.60 mm
Retraction Speed: 7600.0 mm/min
Slicer: Simplyify3d
Attachments
IMG_3556.jpg
IMG_3555.jpg
joe
Printmaster!

Re: Ugly outline perimeters

Post by joe »

Yup, those are ugly outline perimeters. Did you want me to tell you that you should ask a question?
dsl158
Printmaster!

Post by dsl158 »

joe wrote:Yup, those are ugly outline perimeters. Did you want me to tell you that you should ask a question?
Hahahah sorry I was so frustrated I forgot to ask. Any ideas on how to fix it?
Xenocrates
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Xenocrates »

I suspect it's partially that the speed is too high, and also that either the belts are not tight enough, or that there is backlash or slop somewhere in the setup. Make sure that your hotend is tightly connected to the effector, that the bed is not shifting, and that the carriages are in good shape.
Machines:
Rostock Max V2, Duet .8.5, PT100 enabled E3D V6 and volcano, Raymond style enclosure
Automation Technology 60W laser cutter/engraver
1m X-carve router

Sic Transit Gloria Mundi
01-10011-11111100001
joe
Printmaster!

Post by joe »

I would agree with some mechanical play, probably not your settings except for speed. Make sure everything is tight. Make sure your hotend itself doesn't have any play. Print again slow, make your adjustments at that speed, then once you have a good print try speeding it up.
What machine do you have?
dsl158
Printmaster!

Post by dsl158 »

joe wrote:I would agree with some mechanical play, probably not your settings except for speed. Make sure everything is tight. Make sure your hotend itself doesn't have any play. Print again slow, make your adjustments at that speed, then once you have a good print try speeding it up.
Rostock max v3
dsl158
Printmaster!

Post by dsl158 »

joe wrote:I would agree with some mechanical play, probably not your settings except for speed. Make sure everything is tight. Make sure your hotend itself doesn't have any play. Print again slow, make your adjustments at that speed, then once you have a good print try speeding it up.
Would my noise dampeners have anything to do with this? I checked the belts and it seems as if there is a fine layer of belt dust everywhere and the motors are being pulled inwards due to belt tension. is there a way to tension my belts without the dampeners moving?
https://www.amazon.com/MatterHackers-Pr ... B00Q777UKS
joe
Printmaster!

Post by joe »

Dampers can have an effect. If you are getting dust and the motors are twisting you may actually have the belts too tight. This will cause binding and on a delta even one belt binding will cause grief.
dsl158
Printmaster!

Post by dsl158 »

joe wrote:Dampers can have an effect. If you are getting dust and the motors are twisting you may actually have the belts too tight. This will cause binding and on a delta even one belt binding will cause grief.
If i loosen it anymore it will slip

Return to “FAIL HAPPENS ! ! !”