Print stopped mid-print...thanks MC auto-connect!

A place to post your fails. We know you got 'em, now share what you think caused 'em
0110-m-p
Printmaster!

Print stopped mid-print...thanks MC auto-connect!

Post by 0110-m-p »

Was printing a 7+ hour print from the SD card with the printer still attached to the computer via USB when I decided to open Matter Control to play with the the settings and such. Little did I know (I almost never use Matter Control btw), that auto-connect was enabled which stalled my print at about 70% complete. Needless to say...auto-connect is now turned off...live and learn.

Look at all that now useless ABS :(.

[img]https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5606/157 ... 9e90_b.jpg[/img]
Current Machines || Rostock Max (V1) | V3DR ||
Previous Machines || Flashforge Creator Pro ||
Batteau62
Printmaster!

Re: Print stopped mid-print...thanks MC auto-connect!

Post by Batteau62 »

I sooo feel your pain! I was four hours into a six hour print when Windows decided to do an update! @%&$%!! Granted it's my fault for not having the updates setting in the correct mode, but still...$%&@! I really should be using the SD card, but I like having the immediate control of the host software. Ah well, now the choice is grind it up and run it through the filastruder, or try to do a "cut" in netfabb and piece it together? C'est la vie :roll:
-"Simpler is better, except when complicated looks really cool."
-"As soon as you make something fool proof...along comes an idiot."
-"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." ~Thomas Edison
BONE
Printmaster!

Post by BONE »

Yep I learned that the hard way a few times. Only plug in the USB cable now for warm controls and calibration. I was printing from the SD card once after learning to do so all the time, went to put the laptop back on the docking station, it paused and killed the print. I had the USB cable still plugged into the docking station. So make sure you always have the USB cable unplugged while printing.

It be cool to put WiFi in the printer, but then I'm afraid that it would get some weird WiFi signal and shut down mid-print.
The BONE ZONE build thread.
0110-m-p
Printmaster!

Post by 0110-m-p »

BONE wrote:Yep I learned that the hard way a few times. Only plug in the USB cable now for warm controls and calibration. I was printing from the SD card once after learning to do so all the time, went to put the laptop back on the docking station, it paused and killed the print. I had the USB cable still plugged into the docking station. So make sure you always have the USB cable unplugged while printing.

It be cool to put WiFi in the printer, but then I'm afraid that it would get some weird WiFi signal and shut down mid-print.
This is why I'm now implementing Repetier-Server to control my printer from my PC over wifi :).
Current Machines || Rostock Max (V1) | V3DR ||
Previous Machines || Flashforge Creator Pro ||
BONE
Printmaster!

Post by BONE »

0110-m-p wrote: This is why I'm now implementing Repetier-Server to control my printer from my PC over wifi :).
Let me know how the Wifi works out. Could be interesting.
The BONE ZONE build thread.

Return to “FAIL HAPPENS ! ! !”