What a mess

A place to post your fails. We know you got 'em, now share what you think caused 'em
davec3275
Printmaster!

What a mess

Post by davec3275 »

While printing some parts for my CNC table, I woke up to this on my printer.

[img]http://i592.photobucket.com/albums/tt6/ti9327/Rostock%20Max%20build/20160130_133152434_iOS.jpg[/img]

I was printing with MatterControl and silver PLA bed temp of 75 and hotend temp of 185. These items are supposed to be 8" tall and were printing standing up on the bed.
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Re: What a mess

Post by Eaglezsoar »

What a good example of fail happens, sorry your print job ended up like that but we have all been through it.
Better prints in the future!
davec3275
Printmaster!

Post by davec3275 »

Well, the fail happened again but I was able to catch it early. I was able to print 1 of the parts I was making when the mess happened with 0 issues (guess cause I was watching it like a hawk). However, today when I went to print 4 more of them it failed.

The failure, at least this time, happened because the parts separated from the build plate and stuck to the hot end. Not sure exactly why but I think it could be cause the heat went down some and, despite the bed being at 75C the air temp was way less.

Quite frustrating to say the least.
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Eaglezsoar »

Dave, Are you using PEI on your print bed?
davec3275
Printmaster!

Post by davec3275 »

Not yet. I have all the parts I need (PEI & tape), just need to carve out time to actually lay it down on the print bed.

Just like I need to upgrade my hotend to the E3Dv6 I have sitting around too.
Neptune
Printmaster!

Post by Neptune »

davec3275 wrote:Not yet. I have all the parts I need (PEI & tape), just need to carve out time to actually lay it down on the print bed.

Just like I need to upgrade my hotend to the E3Dv6 I have sitting around too.
Just did completed your "to do" list on my own printer. I would love to say that PEI solved every issue with ABS sticking, but I have still had some long thin parts warp off the bed...now if you add just a little Glue Stick you can barely get parts off!!! I've noticed that my ONLY ABS problem child is Sainsmart ABS, Hatchbox, MatterHackers, SeeMe Cnc, and Makergeeks all stick without glue.

The E3d prints beautifully! Get on it man, both these upgrades are well worth the time.

Good printing!

Return to “FAIL HAPPENS ! ! !”