Betacha cant print this. wide Calibration test

Post your prints with the GCode used to help other users achieve a similar result, or get help.
mrbi11
Printmaster!

Betacha cant print this. wide Calibration test

Post by mrbi11 »

20131121_083530.jpg
Very simple file prints 0.5mm high by 1.5mm (3 stripes) wide at safe edge. "138mm" radius.

Calibration errors in center tend to cancel each other out. At the edge sometimes they add together.
Also printer parts out of tolerance can show up on the edge.

If it has problems, it will make bare spots, trying to print too low, or print in the air which you can tell by
it not sticking.

File sets temperatures for abs. If you need to change it, u no how.
Attachments
cir138VE.gco
(5.95 KiB) Downloaded 402 times
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Re: Betacha cant print this. wide Calibration test

Post by Eaglezsoar »

Thanks for the file. You are probably correct in that most printers will not be able to print it without problems.
“ Do Not Regret Growing Older. It is a Privilege Denied to Many. ”
bubbasnow
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by bubbasnow »

so how did you do this without the metal build plate?
HumanLiberty
Printmaster!

Post by HumanLiberty »

276mm ≠ 280mm

I can do a 276 circle too, but so far cannot really meaningfully print that far out.
I have elevated the bed on 2" spacers to allow the Cheapskate to move down past it further, thus bringing the delta arms closer to horizontal, thus extending their reach. So far the results are promising, but calibration seems to be a bitch - I'll be trying Rollie's method if I can: http://forum.seemecnc.com/viewtopic.php ... 8&start=25" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

We'll see what happens...
KAS
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by KAS »

I run with the hotend under the effector, pretty much does the same thing.
mrbi11
Printmaster!

Post by mrbi11 »

There is an essential problem with tiny variations in arm lengths, connectors, which is almost unavoidable with sanding the parts to fit.
The geometry of two parallel arms is intuitively great, and variations tend to get averaged out in the center of the printer.
However, the "worst" places the small variations, say 0.1mm, which are generally ignorable, get multiplied
when the arms are moved to the side at maximum deflection. There is an area where the errors get multiplied vertically,
so even well matched arms may get a vertical error of up to 0.5mm, again not disastrous except on the very first layer.
If you can print this, you have an exceptionally well made machine, congratulations!
RegB
Printmaster!

Post by RegB »

Interesting...
I didn't find this when I built my Max V2.0 in 2014, but it prints OK on my Artemis - maybe no surprise, 5 years is a long time in the development of these things.

ALMOST disappointed, since I found this while browsing for test prints to improve my first layer adhesion - but this one WORKED (-:

One point though, I have been printing on glass with hairspray at 110, I may back down to 80 on the prints I am having trouble with.
At least it should lead to less thermal shrinkage as height increases - and maybe that is why some of my prints seem to be pulling up after having APPARENTLY started OK.
RegB
Printmaster!

Post by RegB »

In the last hour or so I have printed this circle a few times;
ONE of them showed a pattern on parts of it that looked a bit like a braided rope, I discarded that before thinking very much about what that might mean.
I did it again to see if that pattern was near a particular tower, between two particular towers, etc.
That print had the pattern just about everywhere around the circle except maybe a couple of inches at the 12 o'clock position and another short segment at 6 o'clock.

I thought it might be looseness at a joint or a slack belt, but everything felt tight, so I got to thinking that it might be a "reluctance to move" due to friction, so I greased the rails.

Ta Dahh - - all is well, VERY WELL !!!
Conclusion; there was some sort of sticking followed by sudden movement, a chattering.

Thanks again for this test print.

Return to “GCode & Test Prints”