HE280 Upgrade and Extruder Stepper Stops Workig

Discussions related to the Rostock MAX v2
RussD
Plasticator

HE280 Upgrade and Extruder Stepper Stops Workig

Post by RussD »

Hi All,
I just upgraded my HE280 hoted and got it calibrating fine.

Also upgraded to Repetier 92.2 and I think I have the configuration.h setup correctly for my setup. But when I connect to MatterControl and try to get the extruder motor to run, it does nothing. The stepper is not engaged at all. I have done some searching on the forum here where folks have gone into the pins.h and swapped the pins associated with E0 and E1. I did that and had no luck with the stepper plug in either the E0 or E1 slot.

Interestingly I did some basic troubleshooting with the XY and Z steppers by putting the extruder plug in the X position. The extruder responded fine. So I think the wiring and stepper are ok for the extruder. I also put the X stepper in the E0 and E1 connections and no joy. So either I have a firmware configuration issue still or blew out the E0 and E1 plugs on the Rambo.

Any suggestions out there?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Russ
pouncingiguana
Printmaster!

Re: HE280 Upgrade and Extruder Stepper Stops Workig

Post by pouncingiguana »

Make sure the you've got a high enough temperature on the hot end to extrude. 92.2 won't run the extruders if the hot end is less than 150 degrees.
RussD
Plasticator

Re: HE280 Upgrade and Extruder Stepper Stops Workig

Post by RussD »

pouncingiguana wrote:Make sure the you've got a high enough temperature on the hot end to extrude. 92.2 won't run the extruders if the hot end is less than 150 degrees.
Oh yeah. I feel dumb. You are correct though. Once I had things heated up it started working. At least I learned a lot about configuring the firmware in the process.

So I ended up replacing the trucks and got the new ball arms at the same time as upgrading the HE280. I had stepped away from the machine after getting frustrated with leveling over a year ago. But now it is running better than it ever had before and I am loving the Rostock again.

I can say that everything including software, firmware, and hardware has made some improvements over the last year.

Thanks for the reminders.

Russ

Return to “Rostock MAX v2”