v2 crashing into end stops when homing on fw update

Discussions related to the Rostock MAX v2
thegeewz
Plasticator

v2 crashing into end stops when homing on fw update

Post by thegeewz »

Hey guys.

I love my Rostock max V2 so much I picked up another used on craigslist. It was fully functional and I printed a few test prints with it, but featured the older u-joint style arms and had a little to much slop, so I upgraded to the new arms+carriages from the seemecnc shop, generally tightened up belts and fasteners, and added a e3dv6.

I cleared the eeprom and uploaded repetier .91 firmware with the simple edits for the e3dv6 but the printer wont seem to see the endstops when homing.

m119 shows all 3 the endstops are functioning, and when I hold the endstops I cant manually jog the machine.

Process:

clear eeprom
powercycle
load firmware
Manually jog machine down to 0
Set new 0 with LCD
Save to eeprom
At this point, if I select home towers from the lcd it rises exactly to -20.5mm off the bed and thinks its home. If I use the hardware reset button it goes all the way to the top and crashes into the endstops until I manually power it off.

My endstops are all mechanically sound, the screws on the new skates are contacting them just fine, m119 reports all or being read, and they seem to work when manually jogging the machine via lcd+knob.

I've found a few other folks who've had similar problems, and sorted them by clearing the eeprom and reloading the firmware. I've done this twice now, with freshly downloaded .91 repetier fw without even making small changes for e3dv6. Same exact behavior again and again.

I'm stuck at this point. What really throws me is the fact that it HAD been working fine before mechanical changes and new fw.
One other oddity, that I'm not sure has any bearing, the LCD knob turns the opposite way when moving about the LCD.

Any help would be great. I'm stumped. This is some twilight zone level troubleshooting.
thegeewz
Plasticator

Re: v2 crashing into end stops when homing on fw update

Post by thegeewz »

So I got a lot closer today.

I've found that holding the endstops will not allow me to jog down, but I am still able to jog up. If I can just reverse this behavior I should be good to go. How does one change this in fw?

So close I can taste it.
thegeewz
Plasticator

Post by thegeewz »

Whoever it was that assembled it plugged the steppers backwards.

All sorted.
geneb
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by geneb »

I suspect you got it for a steal then. :D

g.
Delta Power!
Defeat the Cartesian Agenda!
http://www.f15sim.com - 80-0007, The only one of its kind.
http://geneb.simpits.org - Technical and Simulator Projects

Return to “Rostock MAX v2”