Plexiglass Enclosure for Rostock 2 -- Any Suggestions?

Discussions related to the Rostock MAX v2
HesDeadJim
Printmaster!

Plexiglass Enclosure for Rostock 2 -- Any Suggestions?

Post by HesDeadJim »

I would like to be able to install plexiglass / acrylic walls and a hinged door around my Rostock Max 2 machine as an enclosure and I "thought" there were some printable clips/brackets that someone had designed to install such a thing but I can't seem to find them. Was I imagining things? Perhaps someone here might know where I can find what I'm looking for. Anyone heard (or imagined?) of these brackets/clips? Any assistance is always appreciated. Thanks!
Steve S. (HesDeadJim)
Omaha, Nebraska
Rostock Max v2

"I am Dyslexia of Borg. Fusistance is retail. Your ass will be laminated."
BenTheRighteous
Printmaster!

Re: Plexiglass Enclosure for Rostock 2 -- Any Suggestions?

Post by BenTheRighteous »

Here's one. I just built it & I like it, but I am still looking for a layer fan that won't smack into the wall... http://forum.seemecnc.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=7149" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

In fairness, you'll probably have the layer fan problem no matter which enclosure you wind up going with.
nitewatchman wrote:it was much cleaner and easier than killing a chicken on top of the printer.
jram
Printmaster!

Post by jram »

BenTheRighteous wrote:Here's one. I just built it & I like it, but I am still looking for a layer fan that won't smack into the wall... http://forum.seemecnc.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=7149" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

In fairness, you'll probably have the layer fan problem no matter which enclosure you wind up going with.
I recently had the problem of the layer fan running into my enclosure. I'm working on cutting out a section of the acrylic panel and then printing a bump out so the fan travels inside of the bump out, should be done soon. Not sure though if it's the easiest solution..
Machines- Rostock Max v2 with E3D v6, Corsair 750 power supply, PEI bed,injection molded carriages and new arms. Aluminum mount. X carve with x controller. Stratasys Uprint SE
BenTheRighteous
Printmaster!

Post by BenTheRighteous »

I guess I'm not entirely sure what you're describing, but I'd certainly like to see your approach when you can post some pictures!

I tried to design a new fan shroud that wedged the squirrel fan flat underneath the effector. It (almost) worked, but in that case you're trading one problem for another - the fan hits the binder clips instead of the polycarbonate.

I'm still noodling on if I can come up with a better solution...
nitewatchman wrote:it was much cleaner and easier than killing a chicken on top of the printer.
HesDeadJim
Printmaster!

Post by HesDeadJim »

Thanks for the link! I KNEW I had seen something!
Steve S. (HesDeadJim)
Omaha, Nebraska
Rostock Max v2

"I am Dyslexia of Borg. Fusistance is retail. Your ass will be laminated."
JFettig
Printmaster!

Post by JFettig »

I'm super happy with the enclosure, I taped up all the holes into the build chamber to keep air from cycling and it stays up close to 40C on its own, no more cracked ABS prints!
hugepanic
Prints-a-lot

Post by hugepanic »

What do you think of my version?

It´s not plexiglass but 0.8mm PET.

it is just a cylinder with some holes in it to open the casing.
The holes fit to two extended screws from the top assembly.

It`s super simple and inexpensive.
IMG_20150207_145020.jpg
IMG_20150207_145034.jpg
KAS
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by KAS »

I'm currently printing JFettig's enclosure although I mostly print PLA and will have to come up with a fan design that works. ( if the one im using doesn't)

I haven't measured to see how close the fan I'm using comes, it might just work as it is. (http://forum.seemecnc.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=2854" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; )

Return to “Rostock MAX v2”