Raspberry pi octoprint issues

Discussions related to the Rostock MAX v2
dsl158
Printmaster!

Raspberry pi octoprint issues

Post by dsl158 »

When setting the baudrate to 250000 my rostock max v2just starts turning on and off again. but when I dont have it to 250000 I cant upload to my sd card and I cant edit target temperatures and everything I upload fails to upload
Jimustanguitar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Re: Raspberry pi octoprint issues

Post by Jimustanguitar »

You're changing the baud rate on the Rpi and on the Rostock at the same time, right? Changing just one of them would cause strange behavior, or nothing at all, and seem like an error.
dsl158
Printmaster!

Post by dsl158 »

Jimustanguitar wrote:You're changing the baud rate on the Rpi and on the Rostock at the same time, right? Changing just one of them would cause strange behavior, or nothing at all, and seem like an error.
http://puu.sh/jHkJQ/7c2c440b35.png" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Im changing the rate there
bubbasnow
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by bubbasnow »

what he means is you will need to match baud rates, on both the pi and the rambo. this will require a pc connection for updating the firmware baud rate on the rambo.. unless it has been added to the panel controls
dsl158
Printmaster!

Post by dsl158 »

bubbasnow wrote:what he means is you will need to match baud rates, on both the pi and the rambo. this will require a pc connection for updating the firmware baud rate on the rambo.. unless it has been added to the panel controls
How do I change the rate on the rambo? do I do it in the repetier firmware?
bubbasnow
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by bubbasnow »

that or change the firmware in the arduino firmware script and re-upload to board...
dsl158
Printmaster!

Post by dsl158 »

bubbasnow wrote:what he means is you will need to match baud rates, on both the pi and the rambo. this will require a pc connection for updating the firmware baud rate on the rambo.. unless it has been added to the panel controls
I checked Repetier in adruino and 250000 is already selected.
bubbasnow
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by bubbasnow »

try the next setting down on both pi and firmware.. see if your connection improves
dsl158
Printmaster!

Post by dsl158 »

bubbasnow wrote:try the next setting down on both pi and firmware.. see if your connection improves
I turned both down to 115200 and still it turns off and on again
bubbasnow
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by bubbasnow »

keep going
bubbasnow
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by bubbasnow »

oh snap

are you trying to power the rambo using USB power? you need to move a jumper and power the rambo from external source if you havent already
dsl158
Printmaster!

Post by dsl158 »

bubbasnow wrote:oh snap

are you trying to power the rambo using USB power? you need to move a jumper and power the rambo from external source if you havent already
Are you talking about for the usb that leads to the raspberry ? yes im using a powered hub to connect the printer to the raspberry
bubbasnow
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by bubbasnow »

yea i just reread the first post, its strange that the rambo is turning on and off.. really shouldent have anything to do with baud rates. if baud rates arent good you should just not connect.

how are you powering the rambo?
dsl158
Printmaster!

Post by dsl158 »

bubbasnow wrote:yea i just reread the first post, its strange that the rambo is turning on and off.. really shouldent have anything to do with baud rates. if baud rates arent good you should just not connect.

how are you powering the rambo?
I dont think its turning on and off it just displays The starting screen that shows repetier version and rostock max, after that it goes to the main screen with temperatures and such
bubbasnow
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by bubbasnow »

I think that is ok, octo might send a restart command upon connecting.... not sure been a while since ive plugged mine in.

so after the pi is booted up, rambo is booted up, you hit connect on the web interface and what does the terminal window say on octoprint?
aj1973
Noob

Post by aj1973 »

dsl158 wrote:When setting the baudrate to 250000 my rostock max v2just starts turning on and off again. but when I dont have it to 250000 I cant upload to my sd card and I cant edit target temperatures and everything I upload fails to upload
This setting has worked great for me. I'm not using a powered hub between the Pi and the printer...just using a power supply for the Pi, and plugging it straight into the printer using the cable that came with the printer. Let me know if you would like some additional information on my configuration.
drunkenmugsy
Printmaster!

Post by drunkenmugsy »

aj1973 wrote:
dsl158 wrote:When setting the baudrate to 250000 my rostock max v2just starts turning on and off again. but when I dont have it to 250000 I cant upload to my sd card and I cant edit target temperatures and everything I upload fails to upload
This setting has worked great for me. I'm not using a powered hub between the Pi and the printer...just using a power supply for the Pi, and plugging it straight into the printer using the cable that came with the printer. Let me know if you would like some additional information on my configuration.
I have been unsuccessful in getting octopi to work on a Rpi2. I would love more info on your setup. I bought a USB extension just to hook directly to a PC. Dont want to waste or even power an old laptop with all these Rpis sitting around.
bubbasnow
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by bubbasnow »

drunkenmugsy wrote:
aj1973 wrote:
I have been unsuccessful in getting octopi to work on a Rpi2. I would love more info on your setup. I bought a USB extension just to hook directly to a PC. Dont want to waste or even power an old laptop with all these Rpis sitting around.
are you able to install the 2015-5-5 octopi image on a sd card, then get it to boot and run on the pi before hooking it up to the printer?
drunkenmugsy
Printmaster!

Post by drunkenmugsy »

bubbasnow wrote:are you able to install the 2015-5-5 octopi image on a sd card, then get it to boot and run on the pi before hooking it up to the printer?
I had not attempted it in several months. I even got the Rpi camera for it. Never could get it to work right at all.

I will dld the 2015-5-5 and try again. Any pointers? V2 config for Octopi?

Didnt even know about a newer version. I had given up on it.
bubbasnow
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by bubbasnow »

i only use rpi to send gcode to my board, there is no specific configuration except kbaud. everything else is configured inside the slicer. remember when you want to use the rpi camera you need to run raspi-config and enable it.
derzaubererer
Printmaster!

Post by derzaubererer »

i installed a rpi yesterday to my rmax v2 and it went with a breeze i installed the image of the website
connected both together and went into octopi.local and tada it was working i guess they fixed some installing bugs you should try again
drunkenmugsy
Printmaster!

Post by drunkenmugsy »

I actually gave up on Octoprint 2015-5 too. I could not get my wifi dongle to work no matter what I tried even though it is on the RPi hardware list.

I installed Repetier server, latest version after installing a base Raspian install. It works like a charm. Wifi works. I have printed successfully. Set up my macros for calibration, everything. Repetier host on my multiple desktops. NAS for file repository. I am happy with the set up.

There is something missing on the Octoprint RPi image that messes up my wifi. Hard wired connection ran fine. I also run a hidden SSID network with no security(open) except MAC filtering. I could not even get Raspian to handle hidden SSID properly. I had to make another SSID zone just for my 3D printer. Not sure exactly why that was even now. I tried multiple solutions and walk throughs. Nothing worked with Octoprint. Installing a full base Raspian and then installing Repetier was my solution.

Repetier server seems to have more options via the website.local too. What I liked most about Octoprint was the web gui interface. Repetier has worked much better at least for my setup.
bubbasnow
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by bubbasnow »

drunkenmugsy wrote:I actually gave up on Octoprint. I could not get my wifi dongle to work no matter what I tried even though it is on the RPi hardware list.

I installed Repetier server, latest version after installing a base Raspian install. It works like a charm. Wifi works. I have printed successfully. Set up my macros for calibration, everything. Repetier host on my multiple desktops. NAS for file repository. I am happy with the set up.

There is something missing on the Octoprint RPi image that messes up my wifi. Hard wired connection ran fine. I also run a hidden SSID network with no security(open) except MAC filtering. I could not even get Raspian to handle hidden SSID properly. I had to make another SSID zone just for my 3D printer. Not sure exactly why that was even now. I tried multiple solutions and walk throughs. Nothing worked with Octoprint. Installing a full base Raspian and then installing Repetier was my solution.
I also had similar issues with the octorpi image. So to fix this, i just installed a plain raspbian image update/upgrade. verified usb wifi worked, then installed octoprint from a gitpull. now im printing from wifi flawlessly. I have a regular SSID with WPA2 security.
drunkenmugsy
Printmaster!

Post by drunkenmugsy »

bubbasnow wrote:
drunkenmugsy wrote:I actually gave up on Octoprint. I could not get my wifi dongle to work no matter what I tried even though it is on the RPi hardware list.

I also had similar issues with the octorpi image. So to fix this, i just installed a plain raspbian image update/upgrade. verified usb wifi worked, then installed octoprint from a gitpull. now im printing from wifi flawlessly. I have a regular SSID with WPA2 security.
I guess I also should state that this was all from CLI. I did not want any other RPi GUI related tasks taking up CPU cycles. I did not even enable a desktop on my RPi.
I have been able to get this wifi adapter working flawlessly with some of the GUI wifi tools.

Return to “Rostock MAX v2”