Any printer experts in South FL can help give life to my printer?

Discussions related to the Rostock MAX v2
prussiap
Printmaster!

Any printer experts in South FL can help give life to my printer?

Post by prussiap »

I had to take a pause from using my rostock max (i love it) after I started getting a def error and hospitalizations. From the forum board and my testing it seemed the most common reasons are either a hotend thermistor error or one on the bed.

I got as far as testing that I get resistance on both of those and they seemed to be connected and giving resistance. I wanted to switch the thermistor positionon the board but didn't yet. I did swap the hot end with an E3D with new thermistor etc since I had them.

I'm hoping there's a Rostock expert down here willing to help me resuscitate my baby and maybe even upgrade it to a diamond hot end.
I have some other boards I can use if the Rambo isn't up to the task (not enough extruders) and that is the route. That's a more time consuming commitment and I'd be happy with just the E3D up and running and some printing.

I have a weekly project night at a maker space here and also happy hour at the coffee shop where we work on 3d printers etc and any other maker projects and I love to build and print robot kits for the kids and other visitors.

I can probably meet anywhere from WPB to Miami if I can get help to fix my sucker. I'd also love to meet other like minded people that have these printers. Might make for some interesting project nights to have some expert present too in the future.

PM me if you are willing or available to help.
Thanks

Return to “Rostock MAX v2”