Must have parts for Accelerometer upgrade?

Discussions related to the Rostock MAX v2
Harblar
Printmaster!

Must have parts for Accelerometer upgrade?

Post by Harblar »

Hi all!

So it's been a while since I've done much with my printer, mostly due to the tedious pain of calibrating it so often. Last time I tried I got interrupted half way through and now I'm not even sure where I'm at anymore. So obviously the HE280 Upgrade is kind of a no brainer for me. I would just like to verify the must have parts I would need to get the best results out of this upgrade.

Currently I have a fairly stock V2. The only mods I'm running is an e3D V6 hotend and a 700 watt Modular PSU. I really don't want to mess around with trying to just add the accelerometer to that right now so I'm just going to go with the full new hotend assembly, for simplicity's sake if nothing else.

I figure, along with the HE280 Platform assembly I will need:

New Ball Cup Delta Arms

New Injection molded carriages

Anything else there that would be highly beneficial to upgrade at the moment? I've thought about doing some of the trick laser upgrades, but I want to keep it simple for now until I really get back into the swing of things.
Jimustanguitar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Re: Must have parts for Accelerometer upgrade?

Post by Jimustanguitar »

There's a pre-made wiring harness that will make your life easier. You'll still have to do some splicing (because the V3 electronics are up top now) but it's much cleaner to not have to worry about that part. Otherwise, your list seems pretty straight forward and complete.
Harblar
Printmaster!

Post by Harblar »

Yep, got the whip in the cart. was slightly confused about the whole splice procedure until I came across the pinout diagrams at the end. Seeing that should make it quite a bit easier.

With that, then, I should be set to get me up and running sometime next week!

Thanks! :-)
HumanLiberty
Printmaster!

Post by HumanLiberty »

How'd it turn out Harblar?

I just got the upgrade kit too, after an ordeal and non-usage story much like yours. I didn't want to replace my hardly-used prometheus, so got the adapter from Tricklaser and just started the upgrade.

BTW, did you see in the instructions a reference to "Fan 0", and if so, do you happen to know if that it the PEEK or Layer Fan? I've never heard of that before, nor does it pop up in a forum search...
geneb
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by geneb »

"Fan 0" is a marking identifying a position on the top row of terminals on the RAMBo board.

g.
Delta Power!
Defeat the Cartesian Agenda!
http://www.f15sim.com - 80-0007, The only one of its kind.
http://geneb.simpits.org - Technical and Simulator Projects
Harblar
Printmaster!

Post by Harblar »

HumanLiberty wrote:How'd it turn out Harblar?

I just got the upgrade kit too, after an ordeal and non-usage story much like yours. I didn't want to replace my hardly-used prometheus, so got the adapter from Tricklaser and just started the upgrade.

BTW, did you see in the instructions a reference to "Fan 0", and if so, do you happen to know if that it the PEEK or Layer Fan? I've never heard of that before, nor does it pop up in a forum search...
Sorry, I missed this post. Haven't been checking the forums super regularly. After a few minor user errors (blown microfuses! doh!) and some firmware tweaks I'm up and running. I am having some issues getting a completely level print bed. The bed appears to be lower at the Y tower resulting in a thicker layer there versus, between the X and Z towers. I know there is probably some warp to my bed, but that should be getting corrected for in calibration so I'm kind of stumped at the moment. I'm close to having this perfected (as perfect as I'm capable of, any way lol). Just need to figure out that last little tweak.

Return to “Rostock MAX v2”