rostock V2 upgrade possible?

Discussions related to the Rostock MAX v2
prussiap
Printmaster!

rostock V2 upgrade possible?

Post by prussiap »

Hi,
Well i have a V2 that Errors out now. progagly a short or not working heated bed thermistor or hot end one. I've tested both to no avail though and have tried to switch hot end to the spare one on the board that didn't help.

Then i left the printer and forgot it for a year while my mk2 i3 did a beautiful job with no issues.. So I came to re-visit the website and saw a V3 and a few other printers like the H2 etc..

Are there instructions or kit parts to help update my V2 to whatever is the natural upgrade? V3 or H2. it'd be nice to get new hot end and the connectors as well as maybe the auto calibration stuff?

Thoughts and ideas on any upgrade kits available or how to go about both upgrading and fixing my issue.. the printer is at a friends that was considering trying to fix it so i haven't seen it in a while but can get back which what was the error (there's nother post here from the error).

i'm all ears and hoping the wallet doesn't bleed too..

Also anybody in South florida have the rostock V2 ? I don't mind collaborating with somebody. I really want to have this sucker back up and running for a mobile lab i'm considering.

thanks,
DGV
Mac The Knife
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Re: rostock V2 upgrade possible?

Post by Mac The Knife »

R-Max V2
Eris
Folger Tech FT-5 R2
Dionysus480
Printmaster!

Re: rostock V2 upgrade possible?

Post by Dionysus480 »

As was pointed out, there is a v3 frame kit to move the parts around a bit. But I guess it depends on what you want to accomplish. While the frame of the v3 looks more refined, it doesn't sound like you're having any issues with the frame.

I've done a number of mods to my v2. The Duet with FSRs is awesome. The next most valuable upgrade for me was the Titan extruder, which served me well, and I recently even converted to an Aero. I do like the E3Dv6 hotend as well. I'm also loving the BERD Air. That would be my order. Everything but the Titan Aero is pretty well documented in the forums.

I guess I can't forget the print surface - PEI also.

Good Luck!
Dionysus480 & Sons

Rostock MAX v2 - "M2D2"

"Do or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Return to “Rostock MAX v2”