Considering a new J-head 12 highflow

Discussions related to the Rostock MAX v2
d1rron
Printmaster!

Considering a new J-head 12 highflow

Post by d1rron »

I'm currently running a Prometheus v2 and I've liked it so far, but I'm looking at j-heads at hotends.com and they have a new all-metal that looks great. I've been wanting to try a J-head, but was just wondering if anyone has experience yet with the J-head 12 highflow. It's a bit pricey, but it sounds like a great hot end. Like I said, I've been happy with my prometheus v2, but I want to try some other hot ends because I can only really compare to the stock hot end on my Rostock Max v2.

Anyway, I'm thinking about the 0.4mm J-head 12 highflow and I print a lot of PLA. I realize the original J-head is perfect for PLA, but I do want the flexibility of printing higher temp stuff without having to swap hot ends (no easy swap setup yet for me). That said, if the J-head 12 highflow isn't great for PLA then I might not want it. From what I've read, though, it sounds like it'll do at least as well as my Prometheus v2 (I'm not sure though).

Anyway, thanks!
"I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment because they'll never come again. What we leave behind is not as important as how we've lived. After all... we're only mortal."-JLP
geneb
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Re: Considering a new J-head 12 highflow

Post by geneb »

I've never used the newer J-heads from hotends.com, however the designer knows his sh*t when it comes to hot end design. :)

g.
Delta Power!
Defeat the Cartesian Agenda!
http://www.f15sim.com - 80-0007, The only one of its kind.
http://geneb.simpits.org - Technical and Simulator Projects
d1rron
Printmaster!

Re: Considering a new J-head 12 highflow

Post by d1rron »

I've only heard good things. I'll probably pull the trigger when I have the money to blow and if there's nothing out there yet I'll post how it goes. Lol
"I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment because they'll never come again. What we leave behind is not as important as how we've lived. After all... we're only mortal."-JLP

Return to “Rostock MAX v2”