Pingel's v2

Discussions related to the Rostock MAX v2
Pingel
Printmaster!

Pingel's v2

Post by Pingel »

After not arriving Friday, it was here yesterday!

Here's what I have so far..

http://imgur.com/a/DzGBh" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I live rent free with a bunch of roommates who are pigs (I'm not innocent myself...) we have had a ton of parties and the carpet is toast so... I'm working on a sheet in the living room.

Couple questions.

1. Does it matter what black and yellow wires you use from the power supply to the board?

Gene's manual kept having me grab more wires than I was initially told to cut but there were more red and yellow wires than needed, I just went grabbed a couple more of the longest ones.

2. Is there an efficient way to clean the burnt smudges on the white sides of some parts?

I tried using cloth to wipe it clean but it wasn't budging, I was thinking about using baby wipes but I didn't want to get it too wet.
Jimustanguitar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Re: Pingel's v2

Post by Jimustanguitar »

Every yellow wire is +12v and every black wire is ground. The more the better is the general rule of thumb. You shouldn't have to do anything with red. The green one is the power switch for the ATX supply.

I had some burn spots, and windex did the trick.
Pingel
Printmaster!

Post by Pingel »

Jimustanguitar wrote:Every yellow wire is +12v and every black wire is ground. The more the better is the general rule of thumb. You shouldn't have to do anything with red. The green one is the power switch for the ATX supply.

I had some burn spots, and windex did the trick.
Thanks for the info! I assumed from how the manual was worded that they were all 12v, I'm glad that worked out. I'll try the windex tonight!
Pingel
Printmaster!

Post by Pingel »

I just noticed I have the hardware for the feet on backwards from how it is in the manual, I'm not sure it matters much but I'll flip them around tonight.
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Eaglezsoar »

You're build looks good, too bad you have to work on the floor but you seem to be doing okay.
I sure hope none of your room mates step on the pieces!
Pingel
Printmaster!

Post by Pingel »

Eaglezsoar wrote:You're build looks good, too bad you have to work on the floor but you seem to be doing okay.
I sure hope none of your room mates step on the pieces!
I'm in the corner and they're halfway considerate. I actually just ordered an 8 foot folding table from Office Depot. I'll pick it up on my way home then move a couch out of the way and be a little more civilized.
Pingel
Printmaster!

Post by Pingel »

Whoops, I forgot about The Build Zone when I made this thread.
I was wondering where everyone else's builds went off to...

Return to “Rostock MAX v2”