Onyx Rev7

Discussions related to the Rostock MAX v2
bauf
Printmaster!

Onyx Rev7

Post by bauf »

Ok,so i got my max2 kit today and i'm @ 5C in the manual. But the manual doesnt include the rev7. On the bed i can only see 1 LED slot and 1 Resistor slot, but i got 2 LEDs and 2 Resistors.. so i guess they were just included in the kit in case i got a rev6,or what?

oh,and another thing in the manual; Strip about 1/8” from the white & green wires. These are used as the power wires for the hot
end LED and are installed as shown below. Make sure you've got the green wire attached to the “+”
pad and the white wire attached to the "-".

here's a picture of it. I don't have that that "HOT - + " tabs on my rev7 bed. So what do i do with the green and white cable then?
Attachments
onyx heat bed.jpg
bauf
Printmaster!

Re: Onyx Rev7

Post by bauf »

So this is what i've done so far. What are those tiny holes for at the top? There are 7 at the top and 7 right over the Thermistor hole.
oh and i don't have kapto tape yet,it's being shipped,so i'm gonna put some kapton on there when i get it
Attachments
20140913_005855.jpg
Mac The Knife
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Mac The Knife »

The tiny holes are to transfer the power to the otherside.
R-Max V2
Eris
Folger Tech FT-5 R2
Tropicalsq744
Plasticator

Post by Tropicalsq744 »

yeah, i'm stuck at this part too. not sure what to do with the green wire. :?:
Jimustanguitar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Jimustanguitar »

You can connect them either way, but you need the LED anode and cathode to line up accordingly. It doesn't technically matter which side of the LED you place the resistor on because it's just a series circuit, but my rule of thumb has always been to put the resistor on the anode side so that you drop the positive voltage. I'm used to working in cars where everything is ground, so you current limit the positive lead (to eliminate ground loops and make shorts less catastrophic).

I was going to provide you with an illustration, but I need to remind Oly that the Rev 7 bed isn't on GitHub yet.
geneb
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by geneb »

You don't do anything with the green and white wires. The feature they were for was deleted from the design, so don't worry about it.

I'm going to be doing a major update to the assembly manual sometime after MFNY and all the multi-rev stuff will be deleted and will only contain the currently shipping stuff. It'll make it a lot easier on new builders that way.

g.
Delta Power!
Defeat the Cartesian Agenda!
http://www.f15sim.com - 80-0007, The only one of its kind.
http://geneb.simpits.org - Technical and Simulator Projects
BONE
Printmaster!

Post by BONE »

geneb wrote:You don't do anything with the green and white wires. The feature they were for was deleted from the design, so don't worry about it.

I'm going to be doing a major update to the assembly manual sometime after MFNY and all the multi-rev stuff will be deleted and will only contain the currently shipping stuff. It'll make it a lot easier on new builders that way.

g.
rejoicing.gif
rejoicing.gif (478.88 KiB) Viewed 7037 times
The BONE ZONE build thread.
Jimustanguitar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Jimustanguitar »

geneb wrote:You don't do anything with the green and white wires. The feature they were for was deleted from the design, so don't worry about it.
Were they going to put an LED indicator in the bed for the hotend too?
Nylocke
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Nylocke »

Rev6 had that. That was a cool feature in my opinion
prussiap
Printmaster!

Post by prussiap »

whew. glad I saw this while I was building mine. No rev 7 in the manual so assumed it was super new :).

I "think" the soldering is common sense just was thrown off by the extra LED and resistor..

also my base is soo not the same one as in the picture of the manual :)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/m390gojtldlw1 ... 9.jpg?dl=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

that threw me off but I think I got it.
bauf
Printmaster!

Post by bauf »

haha,yeah.. it was pretty straight forward, but i was also throw off by the extra led and resistor.
Nylocke
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Nylocke »

prussiap wrote:whew. glad I saw this while I was building mine. No rev 7 in the manual so assumed it was super new :).

I "think" the soldering is common sense just was thrown off by the extra LED and resistor..

also my base is soo not the same one as in the picture of the manual :)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/m390gojtldlw1 ... 9.jpg?dl=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

that threw me off but I think I got it.
They changed the base to allow room for more ventilation for bigger PSUs. Instead of perforations, they put large holes

Return to “Rostock MAX v2”