E3DV6 Praise

Discussions related to the Rostock MAX v2
Nareikuk
Printmaster!

E3DV6 Praise

Post by Nareikuk »

I tried some printing in a flexible filament which didn't really work too well for a number of reasons. A day later I was printing a large 29+ hour print in ABS which was required in a hurry. The head jammed. I removed the jam, printed again in PLA and it jammed too. I took the E3DV6 head apart, cleaned out the nozzle with a bit of heat and found a small lump of the flexible filament was still present. Hurriedly put the head back together and it turned out that the nozzle was not seated tightly against the Heat break. The head then leaked and made a mess. I took the head off again, and tried to remove the nozzle when the head had cooled a bit. The nozzle sheared off - I had used too much force! All this was due to too much hurry as time was running out to get this print completed and nothing to do with the hot end itself. Anyway, I managed to drop the stock head in and complete the print. I had, in the meantime ordered an entire new E3DV6, and it arrived next day. What a great service.

In the end I managed to salvage pretty much all of the messed up hot end. Only need a new nozzle. A small blow torch worked wonders to clean up the old hot end and release the screws which had become embedded in hardened PLA. Will be kept for spares.
bvandiepenbos
Printmaster!

Re: E3DV6 Praise

Post by bvandiepenbos »

your are "praising" a hot end that jammed on you multiple times?
hmmmm, I am confused.
~*Brian V.

RostockMAX v2 (Stock)
MAX METAL "ShortyMAX"
MAX METAL Rostock MAX Printer Frame
NEMESIS Air Delta v1 & v2 -Aluminum delta printers
Rostock MAX "KITT" - Tri-Force Frame
GRABER i3 "Slim"
briankb
Printmaster!

Post by briankb »

Me too.
- CNC's: Rostock Max upgraded to v3.2, Prusa i3 MK3 MMU, Formlabs Form SLA, Shapeoko3 CNC, Palette+, Palette 2 Pro
- Software: Fusion 360, SpaceClaim Engineer, Simplify3D, Repetier Firmware & Host, VCarve Pro
Nareikuk
Printmaster!

Post by Nareikuk »

The jam was all my fault. The praise was that E3D sent me a replacement so quickly. Maybe I should read my posts more carefully - any negatives are all my fault and due to general abuse of my printer.

Return to “Rostock MAX v2”