Real print volume of new delta arms

Discussions related to the Rostock MAX v2
joboman
Plasticator

Real print volume of new delta arms

Post by joboman »

Does anyone know the real print volume with the new ball cup arms? They are 290 mm long, how could I calculate it?

On that topic, how much improvement has been seen with the new arms over the u-jointed arms?
jram
Printmaster!

Re: Real print volume of new delta arms

Post by jram »

I can't comment on the print volume but I can say that I've seen an improvement. I have the new carriages and arms along with the aluminum e3d mount and it's printing like a dream!
Machines- Rostock Max v2 with E3D v6, Corsair 750 power supply, PEI bed,injection molded carriages and new arms. Aluminum mount. X carve with x controller. Stratasys Uprint SE
Elysio
Printmaster!

Post by Elysio »

Oh today I have seen this new arms, and that they not only have improvment in the joints, they are also longer, which means I can use more space in diameter. !!
Thank you for that.

But now the reason why I`m posting here.

Are there any examples that can show us how better the print quality became with the new arms versus the old one?
This is for me the most important question befor I will order them.
KAS
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by KAS »

The printing height is reduced by having longer arms although not sure what the true volume is.
derzaubererer
Printmaster!

Post by derzaubererer »

KAS wrote:The printing height is reduced by having longer arms although not sure what the true volume is.
i have lost around 1 cm but i installed both FSR mounts and the Arms at the same time my guess would be that you may loose about 50mm
Earthbound
Printmaster!

Post by Earthbound »

Factory says you lose about an inch of Z. Since arms are only 31mm longer seems like it could not be more than that difference. I believe the ball joint arms mount to a higher point than the u-joint arms do on the injection molded carriages, so that would reduce the difference as well. Have not mounted the new parts on my machine. Does someone have a stock hot end mounted to the new effector/arms/carriages? If so, please state your Z height. A stock machine with the u-joint arms and v2 cheapskates has a Z height of about 395mm.
"Trust no quote from the Internet." - Abraham Lincoln

Return to “Rostock MAX v2”