array of parts

khpeter
Plasticator

array of parts

Post by khpeter »

I want to print 4 of the same small part in one run. How may I do this in matterControl.
teoman
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Re: array of parts

Post by teoman »

As many as you can fit on to the heated bed??

But your calibrations should be good. Delta calibrations if you want to print at the extremities and retraction to avoid lots of cobwebs.

So no problem printing multiples...
When on mobile I am brief and may be perceived as an arsl.
mvansomeren
Printmaster!

Post by mvansomeren »

khpeter wrote:I want to print 4 of the same small part in one run. How may I do this in matterControl.
Once you load your first part, at the bottom of the 3D view you can click on "Insert." (I don't remember off the top of my head if you have to click on "Edit" first to see "Insert" or not).

Do "Insert" for each additional part you want to add to the Print bed. After adding additional parts, a button will appear on the right hand side that says "Auto Arrange." click on that to automatically places the parts in the best position for printing.

Be sure to click on save to save your changes.
drunkenmugsy
Printmaster!

Post by drunkenmugsy »

mvansomeren wrote:
khpeter wrote:I want to print 4 of the same small part in one run. How may I do this in matterControl.
Once you load your first part, at the bottom of the 3D view you can click on "Insert." (I don't remember off the top of my head if you have to click on "Edit" first to see "Insert" or not).

Do "Insert" for each additional part you want to add to the Print bed. After adding additional parts, a button will appear on the right hand side that says "Auto Arrange." click on that to automatically places the parts in the best position for printing.

Be sure to click on save to save your changes.
I dont always like the way auto arrange places everything. You can still edit and move stuff around. Each item you 'insert' can be moved and flipped any way you want in the rotate menu. You do want to make sure you hit 'align to bed' after you are done moving it around to make sure it is touching the bed at some point. Otherwise you will have print issues.

Return to “MatterControl”