Microcenter Flexible

Discuss filament successes and failures!
BenTheRighteous
Printmaster!

Microcenter Flexible

Post by BenTheRighteous »

Came across this interesting tidbit today:

http://www.microcenter.com/product/4420 ... 822_lbs%29" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Inland Flexible Filament is designed for modifications POST printing. Place print in hot water until filament turns translucent, then simply reshape and mold as desired.
So I guess you bathe it and it becomes malleable somehow? The immediate thought that comes to mind is using this for support material. Depending on how it reacts to water and how easily you can separate it from regular PLA, maybe this could replace PVA as a good PLA support solution.

Anyone have experience with it already by chance?
nitewatchman wrote:it was much cleaner and easier than killing a chicken on top of the printer.
jram
Printmaster!

Re: Microcenter Flexible

Post by jram »

After seeing this post, I may give it a try. I love the Inland PLA, and if the flexible filament is anywhere near the same quality as their regular PLA, it may certainly be worth a look.
Machines- Rostock Max v2 with E3D v6, Corsair 750 power supply, PEI bed,injection molded carriages and new arms. Aluminum mount. X carve with x controller. Stratasys Uprint SE

Return to “Filament”