Pine scented PLA from proto pasta

Discuss filament successes and failures!
Windshadow
Printmaster!

Pine scented PLA from proto pasta

Post by Windshadow »

A fiend in the UK who is rebuilding a Mendle he got cheap from the builders production line sent me this
http://3dprint.com/109017/proto-pasta-pine-filament/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.proto-pasta.com/collections/ ... dition-kit" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
is anyone here using this yet? will this be considered an advanced user filament like carbon fiber that requires extra skill to use?
here is the first paragraph of the article...
Who doesn’t love that piney Christmas tree smell around this time of year? Now you can fill your 3D printing studio with the aroma, even if you’re nowhere near pine trees. Proto-pasta, which manufactures all sorts of fun filaments, is introducing a new Aromatic Pine PLA, their first wood filament.

Aromatic Pine, which prints like standard PLA and does not require a heated bed, is made from ground Balsam Fir needles and gives off a lovely pine fragrance when heated. It has a wood-like appearance, too; prints made with the filament are a pale, translucent brown with flecks of wood.
IMBoring25
Printmaster!

Re: Pine scented PLA from proto pasta

Post by IMBoring25 »

It shouldn't be a whole lot more difficult to use, but it may tend to jam a little more and wood filament is among the more-abrasive filaments.
jmpreuss
Printmaster!

Post by jmpreuss »

I'm sure the sap has been removed but the thing that runs through my mind on this is how hard pine sap is to get off my car and that I wouldn't want to chance running that through my nozzles.
PTMNBN="Printer that must not be named" - a heavily upgraded Replicator 2
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Eaglezsoar »

I hope that they come out with bourbon scented filament, can't drink it but I bet it would smell good also!
“ Do Not Regret Growing Older. It is a Privilege Denied to Many. ”

Return to “Filament”