azteeg x5 usb wont mount

M1T0s1s
Plasticator

azteeg x5 usb wont mount

Post by M1T0s1s »

Im going crazy now and can't seem to figure this out. I have been running my delta for about a week now with an azteeg x5 off my mac with multiple different software programs testing them out with no problems. repetier, pronterface, cura. anyways last night I wanted to increase my extruder retract speed so i issued an m204 command and must have mistyped something, when i sent a g28 it took off in the y axis not z, so stopped it before it crashed. I just turned it off and went to bed, this morning i couldn't figure out what got screwed up so decide to just reformat the memory card, add firmware and config back and start over. Well now it will not be recognized by either of my computers, one mac and one linux. I have formatted multiple times, with both the diskutil on mac and gparted on linux, but still nothing. the lights count up and run on the azteeg x5 just like they always have when running correctly so i beleive that the firmware is being loaded. It does not show up with lsusb, or on the mac usb list. Any help would be awesome!! thanks in advance
Broose
Printmaster!

Re: azteeg x5 usb wont mount

Post by Broose »

Can you read the memory card directly when plugged into both PCs? Is it only your USB connection of the X5 that is having the issue? Have you tried another memory card? I had a bogus memory card on a Smoothieboard that eventually failed so that I could read from my Mac but it would not read on the Smoothie. It turns out they had some bogus memory cards shipped with the boards. I have not heard of the same problem with the X5 but it may be worth checking.
M1T0s1s
Plasticator

Post by M1T0s1s »

yes i can read the card just fine in both computers, it seems that it is only the usb communication between the azteeg and pc. when i install the sd card with firmware.bin on it, it is copied to FIRMWARE.CUR like it should, so it appears that the card is accessible by the azteeg, just no usb serial connection.
Flateric
Printmaster!

Post by Flateric »

I've had this problem a number of times and it turned out to be errors in my config file every time.

To correct it you have to reflash your firmware and config file from a fresh blank memory card. I recommend for starters just use the preconfigured config file without modification from the github zipped file. Do not attempt to download just the files indavidually from github.

Also make sure you save you files in ANSI format when saving and be sure you don't exceed line length when modifying the file in your text editor.
"Now you see why evil will always triumph! Because good is dumb." - Spaceballs
M1T0s1s
Plasticator

Post by M1T0s1s »

well im up and running again. went down and bought a new sd card, sandisk 8Gb. formatted and put on firmware.bin and config file from github. I downloaded the whole thing as a zip file, then checked the md5 for the firmware. it still did not work. I unhooked all the connections and removed the board and took it to the couch with my laptop so i could mess with it while watching tv and when i plugged it init worked fine. so i then re hooked everything up put and it worked there also. so i put my old config file back and that worked also. hmmmmmm actually no idea what did it but at least for now im back printing. too bad i have allot of work this week so the printing will be few but pics should start rolling in thank all for the help!!
Flateric
Printmaster!

Post by Flateric »

The SD card may have been the fix here. Alot of smoothie boards came with questionable quality sd cards. Mine went bad.
"Now you see why evil will always triumph! Because good is dumb." - Spaceballs
M1T0s1s
Plasticator

Post by M1T0s1s »

i agree, it looks to me that it was the card. Been running all morning with now problems.

Return to “Smoothieboard and variants”