just some general questions

Vat designs and coatings etc..., Electronics and mods, Z stages and mechanisms to release the prints from Vats etc...
buchseb
Plasticator

just some general questions

Post by buchseb »

Hi! I just bought this kit, and it's about to become my first printer, (still waiting for it to ship though). But I would like to know how to calibrate the z-axis, since I haven't found any information about the calibration process. I'm not very familiar with the software either. Thank you in advance!! :D
bot
Printmaster!

Re: just some general questions

Post by bot »

Patience, young grass hopper.

Edit: OOPS.
Last edited by bot on Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*not actually a robot
buchseb
Plasticator

Post by buchseb »

Thanks, i'll read it later!!! Can't Wait for my droplit! :D
bot
Printmaster!

Post by bot »

Oh shit... I didn't notice what forum we were in.

In that case, you're on your own. Sorry, I don't think there is a droplit manual or anything...
*not actually a robot
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Eaglezsoar »

buchseb wrote:Hi! I just bought this kit, and it's about to become my first printer, (still waiting for it to ship though). But I would like to know how to calibrate the z-axis, since I haven't found any information about the calibration process. I'm not very familiar with the software either. Thank you in advance!! :D
I have found only the droplit assembly manual. More manuals will be coming when the author gets the time to write them.
buchseb
Plasticator

Post by buchseb »

Eaglezsoar wrote:
buchseb wrote:Hi! I just bought this kit, and it's about to become my first printer, (still waiting for it to ship though). But I would like to know how to calibrate the z-axis, since I haven't found any information about the calibration process. I'm not very familiar with the software either. Thank you in advance!! :D
I have found only the droplit assembly manual. More manuals will be coming when the author gets the time to write them.
I skipped through it, but it didn't cover the calibration process, I made this post in hope of a small detailed guide. I think i'm aware of the rest of the process though. But thanks :D
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Eaglezsoar »

buchseb wrote:
Eaglezsoar wrote:
I skipped through it, but it didn't cover the calibration process, I made this post in hope of a small detailed guide. I think i'm aware of the rest of the process though. But thanks :D
I think that Geneb knows that such a manual is needed and he will create one as time allows..
buchseb
Plasticator

Post by buchseb »

I guess I just have to wait then unless someone comes up with a quick guide! :D
geneb
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by geneb »

Well geneb still has no projector, nor other supplies to use with the printer. *coughs*

g.
Delta Power!
Defeat the Cartesian Agenda!
http://www.f15sim.com - 80-0007, The only one of its kind.
http://geneb.simpits.org - Technical and Simulator Projects
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Eaglezsoar »

geneb wrote:Well geneb still has no projector, nor other supplies to use with the printer. *coughs*

g.
Folks, especially seemencnc folks, Gene has a bad cough that needs a projector and parts to fix his bad cough.
I hear that he may even get well enough to write the needed manual for the DropLit.
Any takers?
geneb
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by geneb »

Heh. *wheeze*

I suspect December is going to be a busy month for me. I'm glad I took the last two weeks off. :D

g.
Delta Power!
buchseb
Plasticator

Post by buchseb »

Hi Geneb! When do you think you'll have the last part of the manual ready? :)
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Eaglezsoar »

buchseb wrote:Hi Geneb! When do you think you'll have the last part of the manual ready? :)
He needs someone to donate a projector. It's tough raising kids, a wife and a dog.
geneb
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by geneb »

I'm waiting for John to send out the rest of the needed stuff. They're pretty busy right now so I'm not worried about it.

g.
Delta Power!
buchseb
Plasticator

Post by buchseb »

http://i.imgur.com/C4WAlAE.jpg
how do i fix this? the layer height is 0.1mm, and the total amount of layers is 142, and the 3D print is the right height, according to the z axis configuration, and my ruler! :D
mhackney
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by mhackney »

Read my DropLit build thread - from a few weeks ago. I don't have access to it right this minute. Basically this is setup in Creation Workshop the printer config tab in the upper left side. The meaning of X and Y scale is not quite intuitive.

Sublime Layers - my blog on Musings and Experiments in 3D Printing Technology and Art

Start Here:
A Strategy for Successful (and Great) Prints

Strategies for Resolving Print Artifacts

The Eclectic Angler
buchseb
Plasticator

Post by buchseb »

mhackney wrote:Read my DropLit build thread - from a few weeks ago. I don't have access to it right this minute. Basically this is setup in Creation Workshop the printer config tab in the upper left side. The meaning of X and Y scale is not quite intuitive.
thanks! i´ll try it!!

Return to “DropLit”