Where are the Droplit pictures and discussions?

Vat designs and coatings etc..., Electronics and mods, Z stages and mechanisms to release the prints from Vats etc...
Holy1
Printmaster!

Where are the Droplit pictures and discussions?

Post by Holy1 »

I was curious about the new Droplit machine. Is anyone making one of produced any prints? Is there a different forum?

Thanks
Orion to Cartesian http://forum.seemecnc.com/viewtopic.php?f=59&t=7808" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Jimustanguitar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Re: Where are the Droplit pictures and discussions?

Post by Jimustanguitar »

There's a beta tester's forum, but it's kind of been a ghost town.

I'd love to see the machines and prints too!
guanu
SeeMeCNC Staff

Post by guanu »

well I just got back to using mine and wanted to test some black resin we got, so here's what I printed yesterday

Guanu
image (1).jpg
bot
Printmaster!

Post by bot »

That's nice! What was the print time, what are the dimensions and what was the layer height?
*not actually a robot
guanu
SeeMeCNC Staff

Post by guanu »

well the resin is a 2x pigment we had them make, so exposure time was really high, for this print it was .1 layers with 25 second exposure per layer.. its a little over 50mm and I dont know exactly how long it took, maybe a lil over 4 hours or so, I just let it go while I was working. But I will say its really cool and probably my favorite print so far

Guanu
bot
Printmaster!

Post by bot »

So was that printed upside down? As in, we are seeing the final layer, that was printed on the bottom? It is definitely a very cool print. Where is the STL from?
*not actually a robot
guanu
SeeMeCNC Staff

Post by guanu »

yes, this is the final layer, the item is printed upside down, and you are are looking at the top of the part.. the model is http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:337955" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; I have a couple large ones on my desk here at work that I printed on my orion and scaled it to be as big as the orion can print..

Guanu
Kevinvandeusen
Printmaster!

Post by Kevinvandeusen »

Guanu,have you had a chance to do the writeup of operation for the droplit yet?
Distributor of SeeMeCNC in South Carolina
guanu
SeeMeCNC Staff

Post by guanu »

not in any official way no, I will not be.. Since we are not selling a complete kit, we can only cover and work with the machine itself since we only sell a z axis machine. Also my machine does not use the same electronics, I put a ramps in mine to make everything easier for me, also replaced the threaded rod with a lead screw, added a plate to the platform, etc. So mine has been tinkered with while we were prototyping them.

There are so many options on projectors, how peoples computers are set up, and other factors that go into so many variables that it would be impossible to say "this is how to set the machine to print".. the only thing I can do is answer some questions like what projector I use (Acer P1500 since it requires no modification at all) and software I use (creation workshop), for things like exposure time it varies by projector as well, and even blend of resin.. I print the same thing at least a few times before getting exposures right when I'm trying a different color..

I can answer basic questions, but a full set going from mechanical build to actual print would be completely different from one person to another. I can try to answer any questions people have... but it would take me a few hours to walk one person through set up, and it would be different for the next.

Guanu

Return to “DropLit”