DropLit vs LittleRP

Vat designs and coatings etc..., Electronics and mods, Z stages and mechanisms to release the prints from Vats etc...
0110-m-p
Printmaster!

DropLit vs LittleRP

Post by 0110-m-p »

So I'm starting to look at the idea of building a resin printer because the quality of the prints is insane. While doing research into the DropLit, I ran across the newly kickstarted LittleRP. Obviously as a very happy owner of a Rostock Max I would like to support the SeeMeCNC guys, but I don't like going blindly down one path either. So I know both these printers are new...but anyone with a bit more resin printer knowledge than me have any opinions on differences between them?

The other idea (which is gaining traction in my head) is a ground up design of my own using the the DropLit and LittleRP to gather ideas....but that's a different topic.
Current Machines || Rostock Max (V1) | V3DR ||
Previous Machines || Flashforge Creator Pro ||
Jimustanguitar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Re: DropLit vs LittleRP

Post by Jimustanguitar »

There's definitely no reason that you couldn't design your own machine, they're a lot simpler than the Rostock that you've already got.

5 of The MakerHive guys (myself included) are building LittleRPs. Shane from our group is a chemist that used to specialize in UV activated plastics and has done a lot of work with resin printing. We jumped on the LittleRP bandwagon after he helped pilot the design prior to the launch of the KickStarter (factoid, it used to be the LittleSLA until there were naming issues with the ownership of "SLA") http://makerhive.proboards.com/thread/6 ... nt-morning" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Between the two, I like the tolerances of the linear bearing in the LittleRP better than the idea of using rollers on an aluminum extrusion. It's also more compact and seems like it would be easier to transport.
heathenx
Printmaster!

Post by heathenx »

I'm in the same boat really. I want to support SeeMe but I also want to follow the progress of MakerHive group. I've already physically seen Shane's prints and they were amazing. I havent seen anything from the Droplit beta testers. I'm just being patient. No hurry.
0110-m-p
Printmaster!

Post by 0110-m-p »

Thanks for the input. I'm going to start looking into designing my own because mechanically they seem to be very simple.
Current Machines || Rostock Max (V1) | V3DR ||
Previous Machines || Flashforge Creator Pro ||

Return to “DropLit”