Droplit build, whats next

Vat designs and coatings etc..., Electronics and mods, Z stages and mechanisms to release the prints from Vats etc...
carlsgems
Plasticator

Droplit build, whats next

Post by carlsgems »

I am willing to be a beta tester on the jewelry model side of things if I can get some answers. Built the machine, bought the acer H6510HD projector and ready to start printing with some questions.

1) flashing the firmware? I can see the arduino uno in device and have tried to get the firmware to the arduino in different ways. Even the arduino website support is slightly of there nut by saying to use a driver that can not be found. Any advice? can it be uploaded through printer cable or should it had been uploaded before installed in machine with a USB programmer? I do have a USBasp 6 pin connector

2)what is the route of connections and cables, ie: printer cable into computer running software and projector as second monitor, do they run in unison as the software cures the resin in slices. I guess basic stupid question what plugs and cables go where.

3) I have some CNC milling experience and it runs from laptop straight through one printer cable to a Roland JWX-10

4) I feel like a total goof ball and want to make it work, built the droplit and would love to experiment in castable resins for jewelry models ans share but need a nudge in right direction.

Dumb question #5, does creation workshop only work with projector and machine tied to same computer, I was trying to test the Z up and down, when machine powered on the motor is stiff and ready for instructions, with power off you can move the motor easily which showed me while on getting so,e kind of signal.

Last is the anything out there on where to go after the build,
PS the creation workshop did have nullmachine listed and default sla listed

Any advice and help, i would be grateful
jlmccuan
Printmaster!

Re: Droplit build, whats next

Post by jlmccuan »

I'll let someone else tackle #1. I followed mhackney's instructions and used the hex file in his build thread. Worked for me first time.

#2 & #5 The USB cable to the printer and the projector video cable run to the same computer. The projector needs to be set up as an extension of the desktop. That allows you to see and operate the software while Creation Workshop sends the slice image to the projector. Creation Workshop also handles the movement of the z axis and projection of each slice based on how you config the software in terms of how far and and how fast to move the Z as well as how long to display the image and cure the resin.

You will want to rename the default machine to save that configuration and set up resin files for each type of resin you use. The exposure settings really vary depending on the formulation of the resin.
carlsgems
Plasticator

Post by carlsgems »

Thanks for the advice. I have the droplit set and can control it with the universal GCodesender. I am trying to set it up to run on Creation Workshop. I have opened the software and checked to log and it has connected. Should you be able to control the Z axis in creation workshop? I did try and had not movement but still can control with the gcodesender. Might need to figure out correct config in CW, if so will start testing some resins and hope to be printing castable resins. I found out that a few of the expensive 3D machines use a pico projector to build the models, I figure I can get this to work with same resins's

Thanks
jlmccuan
Printmaster!

Post by jlmccuan »

You may need to enable the Motor switch under the Z-Axis control on the Control tab in CW.

Return to “DropLit”