ERIS Early adopter feedback

The ERIS Delta, a truly affordable entry into Delta 3D Printing
johnoly99
Printmaster!

ERIS Early adopter feedback

Post by johnoly99 »

Hey guys. We're getting ready to launch the ERIS this Friday, May 6th. We're only going to offer 10 machines to "early adopters" for a sale price of $500. There is limited documentation available as of right now, we've been busting it out and have spent all our time focusing on building all the tooling and processes to manufacture these right here in our shop. That said, it's no secret that we've got a huge task ahead to make the ERIS as easy as can be for first time users to get up and printing. That's why we're going to offer the first 10 at a special price to those willing to help 'put up' with us as we document and detail all the instructions, links, guides etc... We're asking that only those of you who are up to helping out jump on the first 10. I know most of you on here if not ALL of you would help out for sure.

This topic is going to be used for those first 10 to help us out. We'll use this as well as email/etc... to help as a place for information to be shared so everyone can have input.

Thanks guys! Here comes the next wave of Delta 3D Printing Awesomeness!!!

***** UPDATE *****
Here's a quick youtube video how to install the eris defaults found on the product page on our site.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqFTut62 ... e=youtu.be

Here's a video of the bowden tube and how it passes ALL the way into the heat break, and shows that it's important that it is seated in the bottom. Otherwise you could end up with a plug. If you do, simply heat up the hotend to 230c and push the bowden down firmly all the way while holding up on the black plastic fitting at the top of the heat sink.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdXxdbrpZTk
AlanZ
Printmaster!

Re: ERIS Early adopter feedback

Post by AlanZ »

So, how can one offer oneself as an early adopter?
Will it be a horse race (or mouse race) at exactly 9 a.m. EDT to place an order?
Or, if it's just replying to this topic... then I would like to be an early adopter.
Mac The Knife
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Mac The Knife »

I'm game,,, however I don't want to take a spot better served by the likes of Mhackney, geneb, eaglesoar, etc.
R-Max V2
Eris
Folger Tech FT-5 R2
Sonrisa3D
Printmaster!

Post by Sonrisa3D »

Always down for that, I look forward to playing with new toys!
Holy1
Printmaster!

Post by Holy1 »

I would certainly be interested.
Orion to Cartesian http://forum.seemecnc.com/viewtopic.php?f=59&t=7808" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Jimustanguitar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Jimustanguitar »

You know that the Hive would put one through its paces.
mhackney
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by mhackney »

Mac The Knife wrote:I'm game,,, however I don't want to take a spot better served by the likes of Mhackney, geneb, eaglesoar, etc.
Thanks for the props! With2 kids in college and an unbelievable check to the IRS last month, funds are a bit "tight" for a few months!

Sublime Layers - my blog on Musings and Experiments in 3D Printing Technology and Art

Start Here:
A Strategy for Successful (and Great) Prints

Strategies for Resolving Print Artifacts

The Eclectic Angler
dchauran
Prints-a-lot

Post by dchauran »

Funny story - my kids are named Eris (5) and Orion (3). I would love to help, but sadly I've got funding issues right now, as my max is only a bit over a month old, and I have spent a lot on that.

We've got a maker space at work which currently lacks any kind of a delta printer, and I think this would be a great candidate. I'll keep my eyes on things and see how it works out.
Jimustanguitar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Jimustanguitar »

dchauran wrote:Funny story - my kids are named Eris (5) and Orion (3)... my max is only a bit over a month old, and I have spent a lot on that.
Newborns are very expensive.
dchauran
Prints-a-lot

Post by dchauran »

Honestly, I've spent more on my printer in its first month of life that I did no my children. Maybe I should have had a printer shower where people bring me hotends, and PEI and filament :-)
johnoly99
Printmaster!

Post by johnoly99 »

OK Guys,

As of this morning, there are 50 ERIS assembled and ready for their burn in tests. The guys (JJ and Guanu) were here till 6-7AM since YESTERDAY morning, and got em done! 30 will be headed to the Bay Area MakerFaire, 10 go up on the site in an hour, and the rest are being sent out to various places for demo's and testing/reviews. EXCITING DAY!!!

I've added on the product page a link to download the defaults we're proposing for slicing with mattercontrol, and in that zip there are also the Gcode scripts for calibration, load, unload filament and notes. If anyone cares to take a peek at them, feel free!
AlanZ
Printmaster!

Post by AlanZ »

Order placed!
Looking forward to exploring the new machine, and supplying user feedback.
johnoly99
Printmaster!

Post by johnoly99 »

Alan!

Congrats man, you were #1 :shock:

They'll be shipping first part of next week. The guys finished up assembly last night, just have to do the test prints and work through the packaging, and they'll be on their way out the door!
AlanZ
Printmaster!

Post by AlanZ »

After having built my MAX v2 and enclosure, I am very much looking forward to seeing how your small turnkey printer compares to another very odd small printer I have, a NewMatter Mod-t.

After initial Eris testing, one thing I would like to explore is if it's possible to reduce the sound output. To make my v2 quiet, I added AstroSyn dampers on the steppers, 3M sound absorbing pads, and a quieter exhaust fan. The Mod-T is naturally quiet as it uses servos rather than steppers.

So I look forward to exploring how to get the best prints out of this little printer, and how to get it to be as quiet as possible.
Last edited by AlanZ on Fri May 06, 2016 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Holy1
Printmaster!

Post by Holy1 »

I went through the order process but stopped when the shipping was going be $95.00 USPS. With the dollar conversion it would be $120.

I had to pass.
Bummer. :(
Orion to Cartesian http://forum.seemecnc.com/viewtopic.php?f=59&t=7808" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
AlanZ
Printmaster!

Post by AlanZ »

Holy1, I don't know where you are located, but shipping to NJ was $26.21
Mac The Knife
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Mac The Knife »

amd 19 bucks to Michigan.
R-Max V2
Eris
Folger Tech FT-5 R2
Holy1
Printmaster!

Post by Holy1 »

Ontario. About a 6 hour drive to SeemeCnc driveway
johnoly99
Printmaster!

Post by johnoly99 »

Holy1,

Let me look into that, that's good feedback! Give me a few and I'll update this post

*** Update ***
Holy1, looks like that's the rates we're given by USPS :( UPS Standard is only $64, but the 'brokerage fee' would prob. be about the same, so it'd be a wash compared to the USPS rate.
Mac The Knife
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Mac The Knife »

Two hours away,,,,,, Y'all open Tomorrow?
R-Max V2
Eris
Folger Tech FT-5 R2
Holy1
Printmaster!

Post by Holy1 »

johnoly99 wrote:Holy1,

Let me look into that, that's good feedback! Give me a few and I'll update this post

*** Update ***
Holy1, looks like that's the rates we're given by USPS :( UPS Standard is only $64, but the 'brokerage fee' would prob. be about the same, so it'd be a wash compared to the USPS rate.
Thanks for checking John. :(
Milamber
Printmaster!

Post by Milamber »

Ordered. I'm pretty stoked! My first 3D printer. So, now you guys get to see what happens when a complete novice gets ahold of your machine. Hopefully, I won't burn down the house.
It's not how fast you print, it's how well you print fast!
Xenocrates
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Xenocrates »

Milamber, I think you're pretty much a perfect test subject for the intended market of the Eris. And don't worry too much about burning down your house. I believe SeeMe is still using resistors for heating (Which while less than ideal for someone like me, who wants high power and high speed, is inherently safe as the resistors will fail before they hit the ignition temperature of the surrounding material). It will also give us a good idea of how well these things work OotB, without an expert babying them into perfection.

Just remember, the forums are here to help if you have any issues, and support is likely to be very interested in any problems you have as well. Good luck with the Eris.
Machines:
Rostock Max V2, Duet .8.5, PT100 enabled E3D V6 and volcano, Raymond style enclosure
Automation Technology 60W laser cutter/engraver
1m X-carve router

Sic Transit Gloria Mundi
01-10011-11111100001
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Eaglezsoar »

Milamber, thanks for your purchase of the Eris printer and I hope you enjoy your new printer and this forum.
Thanks for you first post also!
“ Do Not Regret Growing Older. It is a Privilege Denied to Many. ”
Milamber
Printmaster!

Post by Milamber »

3 immediate questions...

What filaments are usable with the Eris?
Does the machine require a constant USB connection during a print or can I start a print and then disconnect?
Will it be upgradable in the future? If so, what upgrades do you envision?
It's not how fast you print, it's how well you print fast!

Return to “ERIS Delta”