Sad day guys - Eaglezsoar has left us

General info from SeeMeCNC HQ
johnoly99
Printmaster!

Sad day guys - Eaglezsoar has left us

Post by johnoly99 »

***** UPDATED to add STL of carl from last years MRRF *****
Thanks to Kevin from Kalamazoo, he found a scan he did of carl at MRRF last year. I'll upload it here so you can DL and print
eaglezsoar.zip
***Updated***
His obituary can be found at
http://www.cremateohio.com/notices/Carl-LittleJr

Eaglezsoar.jpg
Eaglezsoar2.JPG
To all on here, just got a message from Eaglezsoar's wife. Some of you may know he has had a pretty long battle with his health the last few years. I'm sad to say that this morning at 4am she said he lost that fight.

I've asked for her to let me know more information about services etc... when she's ready, and that i'm sure many of the guys on here would love a way to show their respects and condolences. She knew he was a big part of this group, and hell he was a part of the "team" here too.

-Carl, I'll never forget the time Steve and I were driving down somewhere, can't remember where we were headed actually, and we remembered you lived close by where we were traveling. I remember emailing you and asking if you had time for lunch, and we met you for lunch at a restaurant by your house. You told us all about your military career, and all the cool things you've done over the years, and especially your tools and toys to make things.
-I also remember talking with some of the guys from MatterHackers, and we were talking about how we got started in the 3D printing stuff, and one of them asked if we knew of a guy that went by Eagle or somtehing on our forums, and that You were their first customer. I think they said you bought a 3d printed platform for an original Johann Rostock from them.
-I also remember a LOT of your funny posts on the forums, and jokes too. You always tried to make everyone laugh.
- I remember early on when we were just getting started with the forum trying so hard to beat you on here to be the first to say Hi to a new member in the New Member Introduction forums. I think i only won that once or twice.

For a long time Carl, you were the the first guy anyone spoke to on here. You set an example of what this awesome community of people was all about. You welcomed everyone.

I'll update this with any other information as it comes.

It would be really nice of you guys if you had a good memory to share of something with Carl on here to post a little story. I'm sure his family, as well as us, would love to hear about his "other" family he had on here.
eaglezsoar.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
geneb
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Re: Sad day guys - Eaglezsoar has left us

Post by geneb »

Carl was one of the greats. He will be sorely missed.

:(

g.
Delta Power!
Defeat the Cartesian Agenda!
http://www.f15sim.com - 80-0007, The only one of its kind.
http://geneb.simpits.org - Technical and Simulator Projects
PartDaddy
Printmaster!

Post by PartDaddy »

Godspeed Eagle.

Photo L to R: PartDaddy, Eaglezsoar, JohnOly March 31, 2014. Lunch with Carl Little.
PartDaddy_Eaglezsoar_Oly.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
~PartDaddy
SeeMeCNC Owner & Founder
Blackpoint Engineering is SeeMeCNC
Since 1996
kraegar
Printmaster!

Post by kraegar »

That's sad news indeed, Eagle was the first to welcome me on the forums, and really helped make this community about people, not just printers.
mhackney
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by mhackney »

Godspeed Carl, I will miss our conversations, camaraderie and hilarious emails. I had lunch with Carl at that same spot, I think it was his favorite.

Sublime Layers - my blog on Musings and Experiments in 3D Printing Technology and Art

Start Here:
A Strategy for Successful (and Great) Prints

Strategies for Resolving Print Artifacts

The Eclectic Angler
travelphotog
Printmaster!

Post by travelphotog »

Carl was the very first person who welcomed me here at the forum. Most people might not think it, but I honestly am a rather shy person at first. The very same day I posted to the new member section, Carl sent me a wonderful message welcoming me to the group and asking me a few questions to know me better. He was perfect at drawing me out of my shell and making me feel a part of this place, as if I had been a good friend who just stepped away and he wanted to know all that had happened while I was gone.

Carl was an amazing resource and always asked the best questions and helped to drive threads with insights and of course always a bit of his great humor. I was lucky enough to meet him last year at MRRF and Michelle was looking forward to meeting him this year at MRRF. Carl was as nice in person as he was online, truly an amazing person to be around and wonderful to speak with.

Carl might not have known it, but he really made a huge difference when he sent me that first message. I have made so many new friends here and in some ways 713maker is due in part to Carl and a few others reaching out and providing great words of encouragement on a number of occasions. Carl was really one of a kind and I am better for having met him and will deeply miss his posts.
http://713maker.com/ Custom aluminum and carbon fiber hot end mounts for the Rostock Max and Orion.
javiercordero20
Printmaster!

Post by javiercordero20 »

My condolences. :(
Jimustanguitar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Jimustanguitar »

I had the pleasure of meeting Carl on more than one occasion. What a nice guy. I was looking forward to seeing him again at MRRF. I'm glad that he made it out last year.

He will be deeply missed. Carl was the first one to welcome many of us to the forum and make us feel included. He was also a watchdog for unanswered questions, and would bump forgotten conversations so that everyone received help. Our little community will be a much different place without him. Thanks for the kindness, the advice and help, and yes even the jokes. Soar with the eagles, Carl.
dpmacri
Printmaster!

Post by dpmacri »

Like many of the previous posts, Carl was also the first to welcome me to the forum and help answer questions I had. He certainly made me feel a part of this community and I'll miss his posts, his humor and his encouragement!

I hope to see you in heaven, Carl!
Eric
Printmaster!

Post by Eric »

I'm glad his physical pain is gone now, but sad that he's left us.

Thanks for the picture, I never met him in person.
3D-Print
Printmaster!

Post by 3D-Print »

Sad day indeed and blessings to his family and all his friends.

I always waited to read his reply or comment on a post which was always positive and encouraging.

As well, thank you for the picture.
My 3D-Printing learning curve is asymptotic to a Delta's X, Y and Z-axes
DeltaCon
Printmaster!

Post by DeltaCon »

I am so sorry to hear this... Not knowing at that time what an impact eagle had on this forum, he was also the first to welcome me, like he welcomed many others. A lot of guys impact this forum with knowledge and experience, eagle accomplished the same or even more with wits, humor and passion.

I wish his family and friends a lot of strength dealing with the loss. He will certainly be missed here.
I am DeltaCon, I have a delta, my name is Con, I am definitely PRO delta! ;-)
Rostock V2 / E3D Volcano / FSR kit / Duet 0.6

PS.: Sorry for the avatar, that's my other hobby!
mhackney
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by mhackney »

I remember when I first met Carl in April 2014, I think it was. He was selling a x' x 5' CNC router that he started to build but couldn't complete since it was in his basement and his back was a problem. So my friend Chris and I left from Boston for a road trip to pick it up. He was going to give it to me but I insisted on paying a fair price for it. When we arrived, he pointed us down a rickety, narrow, steep set of wooden stairs into his basement. It had a 6' ceiling and was STUFFED floor to ceiling with tools of all sorts and lots of material. It was going to be a major project moving a mini lathe, 100s of feet of aluminum extrusions, at least a dozen heavy 5 gallon buckets filled with cap screws, T nuts, corner brackets, bearings and other hardware just to get to the router. He said, "if you want it, it's yours, just haul it up!". So Chris and I spent the better part of the day hauling stuff up to my truck, the router parts, a mini lathe and tooling, all of the aluminum and hardware, steppers, and more stuff than I can remember! I tried to leave him money for everything but he insisted on only taking money for the CNC router that we had negotiated before I arrived. He also took us up to his "office" on the second floor where he sat in the middle of the room surrounded by 3D printers! Rostocks, Prusas, and a few others - even an Orion maybe?

It was getting pretty late and his wife was out and about so we asked him if he'd like to go out for dinner. We went to the restaurant PartDaddy posted the photo above. All of the waitresses knew him on sight. We had a great time that day - not because of all of the tools and hardware, but because Carl cracked us up with jokes, poked fun as we tried to move and carry all this heavy stuff and generally lived in the moment. I gave Chris the lathe. I let Chris know of Carl's passing. I know, like I will with the CNC router, every time he uses that tool he'll remember that great day with Carl.

RIP friend.

Sublime Layers - my blog on Musings and Experiments in 3D Printing Technology and Art

Start Here:

The Eclectic Angler
mhackney
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by mhackney »

Of the MANY, MANY emails Carl sent me and others over the years, this one had a series of Marvin the male Maxine. But one absolutely tickled my funny bone and I still take a look at it now and then today...
ATT00006.jpeg

Start Here:

The Eclectic Angler
crocky
Printmaster!

Post by crocky »

Well..... What a shame :(

Carl was a lot like me, was in the service, disease ridden and just a really nice guy. I really did take some time out for him and he understood the battles that we were both fighting with these terrible diseases. RIP Carl....
Bob
Rostock Max V2, Ball Cup Arms, New Carriages, HE280, Dampers, PSU Breathing, Simplify 3D, GeckoTek3D, Raspberry Pi3. Duet soon... Kossel Mini still under construction.
Delta's are the way!
Xenocrates
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Xenocrates »

I am greatly saddened by the news. He was quite the fellow, even just online. I must say with regret that I don't think I ever got the chance to talk in person, even though we were both at MRRF last year. He really touched everyone here, and seeing how much of an impact he had on everyone else leaves anything I could really say feel hollow. I am thankful for what he gave, to his country, to this community, to all of us. He will be missed.
chrisbennet
Noob

Post by chrisbennet »

As mhackney mentioned, Carl gave me a mini lathe and made me promise to send him pictures of me and my Dad using it (which I did). I've shared many happy hours with my Dad thanks to Carl. The world is a lesser place with his passing.
Rest In Peace Carl.
3D-Print
Printmaster!

Post by 3D-Print »

I had to go back and look, and....... yes....... Eaglezsoar was the first one to reply to my Noob #1 post. :D

His signature line which was light yellow, hardly readable and requiring me to focus (his intention?) on what he typed, says it all!

"Do Not Regret Growing Older. It is a Privilege Denied to Many. ”

My interpretation: Someone who has lived by example, given his heart to all, and rejoiced in life's rewards despite the twists, turns, and pains life often delivers.

Thank you again Eaglezsoar for your wit and humor, your insight, and your service to this community and our country.
My 3D-Printing learning curve is asymptotic to a Delta's X, Y and Z-axes
mhackney
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by mhackney »

Carl's obituary has been posted: http://www.cremateohio.com/notices/Carl-LittleJr

There is a place where you can leave a condolence for his family or light a virtual candle in memory of Carl.

I'm still a bit in shock as I was planning to pick him up to attend MWMF this year.

Start Here:

The Eclectic Angler
626Pilot
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by 626Pilot »

He was a pillar of this community. He always had encouraging words for everyone. If there was a thread someone posted, and there was only one reply, there was a fair chance that it would be from him. He was never negative about anything, regardless of what was going on in his life. He really cared about these forums a lot, and I think he got a lot out of participating here when he was perhaps not able to be as mobile as he would've liked. I get the sense that helping to build this community was highly rewarding to him.

I'm grateful for his service, in the military as well as here. It can't be doubted that he had a strong sense of duty and commitment to all he involved himself with. I'll miss him.
geneb
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by geneb »

626Pilot wrote:He was a pillar of this community. He always had encouraging words for everyone. If there was a thread someone posted, and there was only one reply, there was a fair chance that it would be from him. He was never negative about anything, regardless of what was going on in his life. He really cared about these forums a lot, and I think he got a lot out of participating here when he was perhaps not able to be as mobile as he would've liked. I get the sense that helping to build this community was highly rewarding to him.
THIS.

:(

g.
Delta Power!
Defeat the Cartesian Agenda!
http://www.f15sim.com - 80-0007, The only one of its kind.
http://geneb.simpits.org - Technical and Simulator Projects
MrJoe
Printmaster!

Post by MrJoe »

Carl was kind to me too, and I will miss his posts and good humor on the forum. Thank you all for sharing stories and the photo.
626Pilot
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by 626Pilot »

Someone should print this thread and send it to the family.
dlbyers
Prints-a-lot

Post by dlbyers »

Eaglezsoar was indeed the very first person who greeted me when I made my first post on this forum. He was a very kind and knowledgeable man & will be missed.

May he Rest in Peace.
johnoly99
Printmaster!

Post by johnoly99 »

626Pilot wrote:Someone should print this thread and send it to the family.

I spoke with his son on the phone last week and his wife via email, and gave them both links to this thread. His son mentioned he would probably be joining the forums after a while as he was really curious to pick up where carl left off with the 3D printing projects he had.

Return to “General Announcments”