Carbon Fiber Arms?

The one, the only, the Atremis. Forum for the monster metal machine from SeeMeCNC
wepollock
Printmaster!

Carbon Fiber Arms?

Post by wepollock »

Just wondering if the carbon fiber arms are in the works @ seemecnc?
Jimustanguitar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Re: Carbon Fiber Arms?

Post by Jimustanguitar »

My guess would be no. The injection molded arms are something that they can make and modify for in house production, while carbon arms are usually something that requires assembly on a jig and gluing. For the forces that printers see while they're working, the glass filled plastic is more than sufficient for the job, so there's not really a deficiency to fix.

That being said, I have carbon arms on both of my Rostock style machines. I'm good buddies with Trick Laser, and their products are awesome. It's a nice mod that really cleans up the look, and years ago when you had to sand the arms to get the right u-joint clearance it was the most elegant way to do it consistently. Now that the glass filled arms hinge on a balljoint, I feel like there's less need, so it's mostly done for weight reduction and looks.
Kethku
Plasticator

Post by Kethku »

@Jimustanguitar Any chance you could ask the Trick Laser folks (or folk I guess its just one person?) why the trick trucks are no longer available? I am having troubles with my rostock's cheap skates and wanted to replace them with trick trucks, but can't get them anymore :(
wepollock
Printmaster!

Post by wepollock »

Thanks for the feedback.. I am looking for the added rigidity that the carbon fiber arms afford.

Return to “Artemis”