Duet 2 Upgrade with 5" PanelDue

Discussions related to the Rostock MAX v2
bruceg
Printmaster!

Duet 2 Upgrade with 5" PanelDue

Post by bruceg »

Upgraded to a Duet a couple of weeks ago - what a difference in performance and ability to set up the machine. Highly recommended! Here is another option for mounting the Duet 2 board and a 5" PaneDue in a Max v2.
Render.jpg
PanelDue_Qtr.JPG
dc42
Printmaster!

Re: Duet 2 Upgrade with 5" PanelDue

Post by dc42 »

Nice! I've added a link to your Thingiverse page to the PanelDue fitting instructions.
ramai
Printmaster!

Post by ramai »

Awesome! Was it a difficult swap out? I just got my duet in the mail and also an upgraded power supply from seeme. Gonna dive in this weekend!
Rostock MAX V2 with trick trucks, cf arms, prometheus hot end, nimble extruder, berdAir cooling.
Cura slicer, Duet Wifi, iMac
bruceg
Printmaster!

Post by bruceg »

Was fairly straight forward, i followed the Getting Started Guides. It will definitely pay to spend some time becoming familiar with all of the documentation and where the various subject matters are detailed - have the gcode page on "speed dial". The RepRapFirmware configuration tool is excellent, looking at it in advance will help you identify the various parameters you need to sort out. The hardest part was sorting out and cleaning up the wiring rat's nest that had evolved in the "cave" behind the RAMBo over the course of the years and various upgrades.

The upgrade was very rewarding for me, it solved a lot of problems and has been a big step up in terms of performance and operations.

Good luck and enjoy!
DerStig
Printmaster!

Post by DerStig »

Any chance you'd do that for the Panel Due 7i?
bruceg
Printmaster!

Post by bruceg »

Well, if a PanelDue 7i mysteriously showed up on my doorstep the chances would be pretty good.

At some point i will do a 7i setup for a new machine build but that will be a top location mounting to 2060 extrusion.

Return to “Rostock MAX v2”