BETA testers discussion

Vat designs and coatings etc..., Electronics and mods, Z stages and mechanisms to release the prints from Vats etc...
brent
Printmaster!

Re: BETA testers discussion

Post by brent »

mhackney wrote:Well that sucks! I had to take my son back to college today and UPS attempted delivery while I was away. They did not leave my DropLit so now I am a day behind! I wish I knew that it would require a signature-I would have waived that. I get UPS deliveries everyday for my fly reel business so I am surprised they didn't leave it.

Anyone get theirs today?

cheers,
Michael
Mine didn't go out yet, so nope. I'm back in college in a week though.
Kevinvandeusen
Printmaster!

Post by Kevinvandeusen »

Mine came yesterday, but alas, I am in Seattle until Monday morning!
Distributor of SeeMeCNC in South Carolina
mhackney
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by mhackney »

It arrived today and I'm starting to take photos and build. Ahhh, I miss that smell of laser cut melamine and the pleasure of pealing off the protective film!

Sublime Layers - my blog on Musings and Experiments in 3D Printing Technology and Art

Start Here:
A Strategy for Successful (and Great) Prints

Strategies for Resolving Print Artifacts

The Eclectic Angler
rgthane
Plasticator

Post by rgthane »

Mines waiting for me at home...
Hoping to take the kit tomorrows "Taste of the Arts" festival in Ft. Wayne, our makerspace will have a booth.
Show off the new toy!
mhackney
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by mhackney »

Hmm, I didn't get a resin vat with my kit - or at least I didn't find it anywhere.

I've almost got the main shell together. I'm dry fitting everything as some pieces have a specific orientation so I may have to change them around.

The photos on the SeeMeCNC site have some great hints but that "zoom-scroll" thing is a PIA! So, I downloaded the images. Here they are to save you the trouble.
DSC_0003_d18dc5b4-8ed6-4885-96d7-3a8029aafa42_1024x1024.JPG
DSC_0031_c8958e70-2e9a-4679-8d81-5f0697225a19_1024x1024.JPG
DSC_0033_31d1bf5d-5346-4f42-a544-ee76c16879c4_1024x1024.JPG
DSC_0035_eedc76a3-faf5-447a-86c7-91ff082cd750_1024x1024.JPG
DSC_0036_34ebb863-896d-4be7-a957-038d1e14d12b_1024x1024.JPG
DSC_0037_aad8f327-241d-4664-912b-00f6782a4a07_1024x1024.JPG
DSC_0038_4b53b347-8208-48bc-b99c-798cfb641e18_1024x1024.JPG
DSC_0039_ccf75ae8-90b7-4ae3-8e69-2e3ae4a3dfbb_1024x1024.JPG
DSC_0041_8285f9b8-d095-4282-af4c-157c0632d3ec_1024x1024.JPG

Sublime Layers - my blog on Musings and Experiments in 3D Printing Technology and Art

Start Here:

The Eclectic Angler
mhackney
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by mhackney »

I started a build thread for my DropLet.

Start Here:

The Eclectic Angler
brent
Printmaster!

Post by brent »

Mine shipped today, it'll be a little while before I can throw a build thread up (~3-4 days). Thanks for sharing your build so far, mhackney!
Kevinvandeusen
Printmaster!

Post by Kevinvandeusen »

It Was a pleasure to meet John and Gene, great job in the booth guys, you were hopping! rumor has it John Stack was there, will have to hunt him tomorrow. Where is the other partner in crime from seeme?
Distributor of SeeMeCNC in South Carolina
johnoly99
Printmaster!

Post by johnoly99 »

Hey Kevin thanks for coming! Steve's at the shop holding down the fort. See you today again!
mhackney
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

My beta DropLet is assembled!

Post by mhackney »

[img]http://mhackney.zenfolio.com/img/s5/v12 ... 5513-3.jpg[/img]

Mechanicals complete, electronics wired and unit tested. Now I need to upload the grbl firmware and test things out!

Start Here:

The Eclectic Angler
brent
Printmaster!

Post by brent »

mhackney: Oh boy! That's exciting for everyone in this thread. Did you modify the projector yet?
mhackney
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by mhackney »

Not yet. I think I read that it wasn't absolutely necessary? If that's the case, I might leave it as is for now.

Start Here:

The Eclectic Angler
Polygonhell
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Polygonhell »

You might have to remove the focus stop, I can't get a good idea of what the focal distance is from the droplit images. With it in place the minimal focus distance is about 8 inches. With it removed it's less than 4.
I did some quick tests with the projector and it cured maker juice resin without modification, probably not a bad idea to remove the color wheel anyway.
mhackney
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by mhackney »

Yeah, I was hoping to use the projector for an occasional presentation! May as well just dedicate it and get it over with!

And the big news - I have motion! I had to get the latest grbl and compile and flash it. The SeeMeCNC supplied hex and re-compiled source did not work.

Start Here:

The Eclectic Angler
brent
Printmaster!

Post by brent »

mhackney: Let me know how the video was, if you followed it, I'm always open to feedback.
Polygonhell wrote:robably not a bad idea to remove the color wheel anyway.
According to Guanu the color wheel removal is unnecessary. I left it out of the video because of that.
Recent print he did (without a color-wheel removal): http://www.guanu.net/seemecnc/Droplit/IMG_4984.JPG" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
erickphd
Plasticator

Post by erickphd »

My kit is scheduled for Monday delivery so with any luck I'll get on it Monday night first thing after work!

Yep! Arrived today! :D All appears to be undamaged and complete - except for a build vat??? The expandable foam did a great job of stabilizing and protecting the contents. However, without a vat, one can't actually run resin in it... though I have the right silicone material here to make one, just not a ring. I'll definitely be looking to size up an appropriate metal or glass ring for this and see what I can do.
Last edited by erickphd on Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
erickphd
Plasticator

Post by erickphd »

brent wrote:mhackney: Let me know how the video was, if you followed it, I'm always open to feedback.
Polygonhell wrote:robably not a bad idea to remove the color wheel anyway.
According to Guanu the color wheel removal is unnecessary. I left it out of the video because of that.
Recent print he did (without a color-wheel removal): http://www.guanu.net/seemecnc/Droplit/IMG_4984.JPG" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Note that the color wheel assembly is one of the most expensive parts in the whole projector (the bulb and DLP panel being the others). So my first plan is to change the focus but not remove the color wheel unless it just didn't work. BTW there is another similar project out there raising funds and their kit uses the P1283 w/o modification other than the focus range adjustment.
Chewy64
Plasticator

Post by Chewy64 »

Had to pay a $43 brokerage fee to get one of the two packages today. Other package is still MIA. [CENSORED BY MODS] UPS, worst shipping company ever.

So I got half my kit I guess.....

Edit: Did these even ship in two separate boxes? It is beginning to look like UPS labeled this box 1/2 for no real reason.
erickphd
Plasticator

Post by erickphd »

One box came today - but had two UPS "notices" via email. However they had the same tracking number - so must have been a duplicate email. My kit was complete other than a build vat - so far as I can see. If there is a "second" box it could only be the build vat... if that is indeed included. Check inside - as there were several printed part lists included.
nitewatchman
Printmaster!

Post by nitewatchman »

erickphd wrote:One box came today - but had two UPS "notices" via email. However they had the same tracking number - so must have been a duplicate email. My kit was complete other than a build vat - so far as I can see. If there is a "second" box it could only be the build vat... if that is indeed included. Check inside - as there were several printed part lists included.
For some reason I always get two UPS Notices for each shipment the Blackpoint Engineering (SeeMe) ships to me. The notices have the same tracker but only one package.

Maybe this is what is going on?

nitewatchman
brent
Printmaster!

Post by brent »

nitewatchman wrote:
erickphd wrote:One box came today - but had two UPS "notices" via email. However they had the same tracking number - so must have been a duplicate email. My kit was complete other than a build vat - so far as I can see. If there is a "second" box it could only be the build vat... if that is indeed included. Check inside - as there were several printed part lists included.
For some reason I always get two UPS Notices for each shipment the Blackpoint Engineering (SeeMe) ships to me. The notices have the same tracker but only one package.

Maybe this is what is going on?

nitewatchman
This happened to me when I got my Orion. Possible it is shopify sending out one UPS notification and one from UPS?
mhackney
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by mhackney »

I always get 2 also. Must be a backend system issue. If you look at the tracking # they will be the same. If there were 2 packages, there would be 2 different tracking #s.

Start Here:

The Eclectic Angler
Chewy64
Plasticator

Post by Chewy64 »

I'm not assuming because I got two tracking numbers, that I should get two packages. UPS's own shipping label says 1 of 2. I took a quick look through last night, and have no idea what would be missing though. The UPS guy said he only had the one box and no record of the second. Might just be a glitch/mis-label on their end.

I should have time tonight to start assembling.
brent
Printmaster!

Post by brent »

Got mine today and started the build!

PS: did anyone else not receive acrylic?
erickphd
Plasticator

Post by erickphd »

Got the acrylic parts in my kit. Following mhackney's build thread, I was able to unpack and build up to the end of his thread in a total of 3.5 hours. Some notes: The projector plate was a very tight fit to the sides; I had to trim material from the tabs and holes on both sides to get it to fit. Dry fitting the very top and the lower front plate also required some adjustment in the tabs too. Otherwise trying to force them would probably break something. Once together, the cabinet seems quite rigid. Tomorrow I plan on finishing the build and wiring the electronics. Will update the thread with some pictures and any observations during completion.

Return to “DropLit”