Black MAX

Post a pic of your CNC machines!
techstorage
Printmaster!

Black MAX

Post by techstorage »

My friend at Ask Laser Creations printed out a proper name plate.
Attachments
My Black MAX
My Black MAX
image.jpg
Top brackets modified to make room for wires
Top brackets modified to make room for wires
techstorage
Printmaster!

Re: Black MAX

Post by techstorage »

I went with magnetic inserts for the 3 large panels for easy removal. Threaded inserts for the rail panels.
Attachments
Rymnd.com bracket style
Rymnd.com bracket style
BONE
Printmaster!

Post by BONE »

Very Nice. How long have you had it?
The BONE ZONE build thread.
BONE
Printmaster!

Post by BONE »

techstorage wrote:I went with magnetic inserts for the 3 large panels for easy removal. Threaded inserts for the rail panels.
I like it, nice job.
The BONE ZONE build thread.
techstorage
Printmaster!

Post by techstorage »

BONE wrote:Very Nice. How long have you had it?
I just started. I bought the kit this August, but was moving a flight simulator from Minnesota to Atlanta. That project is over, so now I can enjoy learning more about 3D printing.
teoman
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by teoman »

That is indeed a thing of beauty. Very nice.
When on mobile I am brief and may be perceived as an arsl.
johnoly99
Printmaster!

Post by johnoly99 »

WOW! That my friend is one nice piece of machinery. I love the green/black too btw, somewhere someone will find a pic and post it im sure of my personal Rostock max, it's green/black too. It was the prototype frame for tricklasers parts.
techstorage
Printmaster!

Post by techstorage »

image.jpg
Added E3D v6 print head and I'm liking the 60mm angle eyes LED ring under the heat end. I put the 80mm one on the top of the chamber also.
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Eaglezsoar »

A very nice looking printer!
Thanks for posting the pictures.
techstorage
Printmaster!

Post by techstorage »

Time for an update on the Black Max. Printing out parts for Magnetic arms and dual extruder. Installing the Cyclop's head first from my E3D legends pack. I'm looking at printing out JFettig's dual extruder top mount design with Geared stepper motors installed. My son combined the Xnaron effector model with 0110-M-P's Cyclops and Chimera holder. We pushed out the back brackets and installed adjustment holes to align the heads.
Attachments
E3Da.JPG
E3D.JPG
E3D_Cyclops_Chimera.JPG
techstorage
Printmaster!

Post by techstorage »

I found someone selling excess 3/8 chrome plated steel ball that have a screw base on the Google forum.
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic ... 85cfVFrFFU" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;[1-25]
Attachments
ball-studs.jpg
techstorage
Printmaster!

Post by techstorage »

Installed my magnetic arm last night. I only connected my E3D v6 head, the wiring for dual head isn't completed yet.
Attachments
E3D head
E3D head
Holy1
Printmaster!

Post by Holy1 »

Looks good! What is the pink stuff wrapped around the nozzle base?
Orion to Cartesian http://forum.seemecnc.com/viewtopic.php?f=59&t=7808" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
techstorage
Printmaster!

Post by techstorage »

In the military I think we called it F4 tape. http://www.f4tape.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; It is silicone heat tape the sticks to itself. It is for protection against fans cooling the hotend plus radiant heat melting the plastic above it. I get better heat control on the hotend with it on also. The tape is Orange with a white strip, but it comes in other colors also.
geneb
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by geneb »

aaaand bought. :) Amazon has it for $13.95. :)

g.
Delta Power!
Defeat the Cartesian Agenda!
http://www.f15sim.com - 80-0007, The only one of its kind.
http://geneb.simpits.org - Technical and Simulator Projects
barry99705
Printmaster!

Post by barry99705 »

Yea, that stuff is freaking awesome. Used to use it to seal up the back side of cannon plugs.
Never do anything you don't want to have to explain to the paramedics.
DeltaCon
Printmaster!

Post by DeltaCon »

Sorry to break in here, but I am interested in those mounters for the acrylic panels. Can't seem to find STL's anywhere. Someone care to share?
I am DeltaCon, I have a delta, my name is Con, I am definitely PRO delta! ;-)
Rostock V2 / E3D Volcano / FSR kit / Duet 0.6

PS.: Sorry for the avatar, that's my other hobby!
Xenocrates
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Xenocrates »

DeltaCon wrote:Sorry to break in here, but I am interested in those mounters for the acrylic panels. Can't seem to find STL's anywhere. Someone care to share?
Those are Raymond style brackets, with the original designs here: http://forum.seemecnc.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=5695

Note that the upper bracket as linked there will not fit a V2. If you have an enclosed top, you want my modification of the upper bracket, which is linked here: http://forum.seemecnc.com/viewtopic.php ... 138#p78429

You will need to find/print chocks for the lower brackets, to go into the side slots of the extrusion. For the original top design you screw them into the top plate. The Rostock max V2 compatible top bracket requires no extra hardware, as it is trapped by the bolts going to the T-nuts for the top plate. (the upper pair on each tower does not need to be moved, as it is nestled into a slot in the bracket)

You will want blind nuts to insert into the holes as well. I find that heating them with a torch, pressing them slightly into the slots to form a centered divot, and then drilling out the majority of it is quick, easy, and doesn't gum up the threads like when I just hot-pressed them. If they are slightly loose, use an acetone/abs slurry on the barrel of the blind nut to hold them in permanently. This will not make the machine less serviceable, as the panels are screwed into the blind nuts, and it's easier to unscrew the bolts rather than attempt to slide all four out without binding.

You likely don't want acyrlic if you plan on doing much chamber heating. Polycarbonate is less likely to warp, and is easier to drill the holes for the bolts into.
Machines:
Rostock Max V2, Duet .8.5, PT100 enabled E3D V6 and volcano, Raymond style enclosure
Automation Technology 60W laser cutter/engraver
1m X-carve router

Sic Transit Gloria Mundi
01-10011-11111100001
DeltaCon
Printmaster!

Post by DeltaCon »

Thanks Xenocrates, will definitely try!
Looks like there is a whole lot more 3d printer parts on Repables then on Thingiverse. Did not know that.
I am DeltaCon, I have a delta, my name is Con, I am definitely PRO delta! ;-)
Rostock V2 / E3D Volcano / FSR kit / Duet 0.6

PS.: Sorry for the avatar, that's my other hobby!
techstorage
Printmaster!

Post by techstorage »

As I Modify my top assembly to add twin towers and dual extruders, I have searched for parts to make my EZstruder drive with two geared stepper motors and now I'm looking to replace the roller bearing for the filament drive to a dual gear drive. I think I found all the parts on Amazon.com
Top.JPG
TwinSpools.JPG
Geared Stepper.JPG
Has anyone hobbed a bolt? I want to do that to the gears and make twin Bondtech QR/printrbot styled geared extruder for my Black Max out of the EZstruders.
Attachments
Gears.jpg
Gears.jpg (3.28 KiB) Viewed 13613 times
Last edited by techstorage on Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Xenocrates
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Xenocrates »

When i looked into it, I found three options, one of which is likely not applicable to you, that being machining the gears and hobbed bolts, then hardening. It was cheapest, but also hardest, and requires a lot of equipment for no guarantee of success. The second was to buy gears and hobbed bolts, then assemble them. It cost more to do that with any sort of precision than buying the bondtech gears, and very careful selection of matching gears and bolts. Personally, I bought the whole unit, but you could buy the gears,print the housing, and.finagle with matching shaft diameters from there.
Machines:
Rostock Max V2, Duet .8.5, PT100 enabled E3D V6 and volcano, Raymond style enclosure
Automation Technology 60W laser cutter/engraver
1m X-carve router

Sic Transit Gloria Mundi
01-10011-11111100001
techstorage
Printmaster!

Post by techstorage »

Buying a Bondtech QR is the quickest solution, but costly.

I have access to a full shop, lathe and mill, torches for heat treating. As the picture of my top board shows, laser cutting also. I think the geared stepper with dual gear extrusion is the way to go, and I have four extruders to make so far. You can never have enough printers.

I have a few EZstruders already and I am getting all the parts to make 4 sets of gears for $50. I was looking for past experience on hobbing to see if the mill is the way to go? What size of bit to use, v-grove vs concave notches. That sort of stuff.
Last edited by techstorage on Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
techstorage
Printmaster!

Post by techstorage »

I found this youtube video on Hobbing with a lathe... for reference.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijgzBlRF8T8

Return to “Show us your machine!”