MatterControl Terminal Questions

Proto
Printmaster!

MatterControl Terminal Questions

Post by Proto »

I'm in the process of configuring my MAXX using Matercontrol and the V2 Assembly Guide

In the terminal window, they say (and show) that there is a toggle to Filter Output. I do not see that toggle, or anyway menu to turn the feature on/off.

[img]http://www.home.comcast.net/~proto//Maxx/MC-term.jpg[/img]

Trying to work in the terminal window is not easy when there are constant reports from the printer coming in.

EDIT - added screen shot
Last edited by Proto on Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
This Space for RENT --- PM me for info --- :roll: :lol:

My build thread - http://forum.seemecnc.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=6981" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
OG build thread - http://forum.seemecnc.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=1228" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
precisionpete
Printmaster!

Re: MatterControl Terminal Questions

Post by precisionpete »

Only thing I can comment is it's there. Very tiny button top left. Maybe reinstall?
Proto
Printmaster!

Post by Proto »

Alrighty

that didn't work. I tried reinstalling, multiple times, multiple versions. still no filter output toggle. I have tried the SeeMeCNC version and the one off of the Matterhackers website.
This Space for RENT --- PM me for info --- :roll: :lol:

My build thread - http://forum.seemecnc.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=6981" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
OG build thread - http://forum.seemecnc.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=1228" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
precisionpete
Printmaster!

Post by precisionpete »

Yep that is the screen shot but to the left is filter button.

Version is the problem, I just installed V1.2 and it's now gone.

Send an e-mail off to matterhackers and ask. Or if you can grab the older version 1.1.3 which the button is there.
kevinepope
Prints-a-lot

Post by kevinepope »

Just wanted to note - as of yesterday the SeeMe version of MC received an update to restore the terminal filtering option.
Dreyfusduke
Prints-a-lot

Post by Dreyfusduke »

I like Mattercontrol, but I always seem to get crashes and errors. Crazy stuff like getting support even though I turn it completely off.
jdurand
Printmaster!

Post by jdurand »

In setting up my Max MatterControl downloaded the latest update. Two things, one I got an Windows error that I don't have .NET 4.5 as it won't run on my system. MatterControl seems to still work.

Main thing, when I click the Filter Output box it DOES turn off the commands going up to the printer but I'm still getting the status reports every second. While doing auto-tune the screen was filled up with the status reports which made it hard to find the auto-tune results.
Standing on the edge of reality... (me)
Quando omni flunkus moritati (Red Green)
Let no man belong to another that can belong to himself. (Paracelsus)
All things are poison and nothing is without poison; only the dose makes a thing not a poison. (Ibid.)
precisionpete
Printmaster!

Post by precisionpete »

I'll chime in here, something is funky with the code maybe?
I tried to install and .net wants me to turn off my firewall and then access the net? Not going to happen in today's world.

I got .net offline and installed before installing mattercontrol. Worked great for 1 day and now it won't connect but it shows the machine online and reads the thermistor.

I tried to autotune and just gave up, gave me 2 different readings so I didn't know which one to pick.

Was working and this is just a new dedicated computer setup just for the printer. Not sure what's up I like the program but have been dealing with too many issues setting this up.
Hope someone from mattercontrol will chime in and let us know what's up.
This is seemecnc version from their web site.
Using windows 7 64 bit
Nareikuk
Printmaster!

Post by Nareikuk »

The version of MatterControl I have installed on my Mac does not have the filter checkbox, but the windows version does. Anyway, for PID tuning, it's useless as you've found out. This is what I do instead:
1) Click the clear button to clear out any logging already written to the terminal window.
2) Type in the PID command, e.g. M303 S200
3) Wait until I see the PID tuning finished message in amongst all the other output clutter.
4) Save the log by clicking on the Save (or export, I can't remember what it is called) button
5) Open the saved log file in a text editor and scroll down looking for the three blocks of PID outputs.
6) Average the three P values, then the three I values and then the D values.
7) Do steps 1-6 for the Bed (M303 P1 S60) autotune
8) Enter the six values you've calculated into the EEPROM settings form

Return to “MatterControl”