Help with DropLit build

Vat designs and coatings etc..., Electronics and mods, Z stages and mechanisms to release the prints from Vats etc...
gibeaug
Printmaster!

Help with DropLit build

Post by gibeaug »

Took advantage of Black Friday discount and purchased a DropLit kit (and a 2nd Max V2 ;-).

Using Gene's build manual - version 0.50, September 29th, 2014.

On Page 23 (Part 4 - Building the DropLit Chasis) - Fig 4.1 shows the Arduino mounting holes. The images shows a cluster of 9 holes in the area where the Arduino mounts - my base only has 5 (4 small and 1 large) - but none of the holes that the image shows with green circles around them.

Am I missing something - or do I need to drill my own holes?

Thanks in advance,

-George-
Jimustanguitar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Re: Help with DropLit build

Post by Jimustanguitar »

I don't know the answer to your exact question, but I'd print an adapter plate on your 1st V2 before I'd drill a hole in new wood :)
gibeaug
Printmaster!

DropLit manual observations

Post by gibeaug »

I will post manual comments as I go through the build.

Fig 3-6 shows the left side (with hinge holes) but figure 3-7 shows the partial assembly with the right side connected - if you follow the directions from 3-7 on - you will end up with the hinge side on the right - as I did ;-))
buchseb
Plasticator

Re: DropLit manual observations

Post by buchseb »

gibeaug wrote:I will post manual comments as I go through the build.

Fig 3-6 shows the left side (with hinge holes) but figure 3-7 shows the partial assembly with the right side connected - if you follow the directions from 3-7 on - you will end up with the hinge side on the right - as I did ;-))
Hi! I had the same problem, it's fine if you install it in the mounting holes just below the original holes. :)
gibeaug
Printmaster!

Post by gibeaug »

Received this from tech-support;

George,

The picture in the manual needs an update. The Uno is actually set back about almost to the middle of the plate that it mounts onto. You will be able to move the uno around and find the hole pattern that matches on the melamine.

If you do want it closer to the edge, you can certainly drill your own holes.

As per the dish base, when standing in front of the machine looking at it, the hole should be on the right side of the machine. (See attached image)
artexmg
Printmaster!

Post by artexmg »

gibeaug wrote:Received this from tech-support;

George,

The picture in the manual needs an update. The Uno is actually set back about almost to the middle of the plate that it mounts onto. You will be able to move the uno around and find the hole pattern that matches on the melamine.

If you do want it closer to the edge, you can certainly drill your own holes.

As per the dish base, when standing in front of the machine looking at it, the hole should be on the right side of the machine. (See attached image)
I am about to embark in the same quest, so, I would much appreciate if you post the picture that seems to be missing :-)

Thanks!
gibeaug
Printmaster!

Post by gibeaug »

Here are a couple of pics I received from Tech Support.

Also - the manual references putting 3 cheapskates and 6 R4 bearing bushings - - what you will have in the build kit is 2 solid strips of 4 R4 bearing bushings - these do not come apart - you will have 4 cheapskate bearings on the front side of the carriage plate - and everything lines up perfectly.
Dish base orientation - Large hole on right.
Dish base orientation - Large hole on right.
New location for Arduino Uno.
New location for Arduino Uno.
artexmg
Printmaster!

Post by artexmg »

gibeaug wrote:Here are a couple of pics I received from Tech Support.

Also - the manual references putting 3 cheapskates and 6 R4 bearing bushings - - what you will have in the build kit is 2 solid strips of 4 R4 bearing bushings - these do not come apart - you will have 4 cheapskate bearings on the front side of the carriage plate - and everything lines up perfectly.
dish base.png
arduino mount.png

Thanks for the pictures, that helps!

Return to “DropLit”