Can the RMAX V2 do a nozzle prime/wipe at start of print?

Discussions related to the Rostock MAX v2
EL Cuajinais
Printmaster!

Can the RMAX V2 do a nozzle prime/wipe at start of print?

Post by EL Cuajinais »

Mine has never done the prime/wipe thing at the beginning of a print as I have seen many Cartesian printers do in YouTube videos. Is this something the RMAX simply does not do? I’m using S3D as my slicer.
jjjohnson
SeeMeCNC Staff

Re: Can the RMAX V2 do a nozzle prime/wipe at start of print

Post by jjjohnson »

This is something that does not really have to be machine specific. You can indeed have custom starting GCODE that would "prime" the hot end, and if you wanted there could be a designated wiping area. Most commonly this priming is automatically accomplished by creating a SKIRT around the object (done in slicing settings). Not too familiar with S3D, but I would imaging that its an option.
JJ
bot
Printmaster!

Post by bot »

A skirt is good (in S3D, located in the "additions" tab of the process settings screen -- with the advanced settings option enabled) and if you want to add a prime wipe BEFORE the skirt, to get a perfect skirt, you can do that in the "scripts" tab.

If you want to prime and wipe before the prime and wipe, just keep going... adding g code until you have enough wipe and primes. :P
*not actually a robot
RAMTechRob
Printmaster!

Post by RAMTechRob »

I did a few things to eliminate the wipe needed. Heat the bed before you heat the nozzle. Add a twice around skirt. That seems to give me great first layers.

Return to “Rostock MAX v2”