BerdAir comeing soon From Yellow Jacket Concepts

Do you print/build/make/create 'stuff' for modifying SeeMeCNC machines? Post them here if you do so others can see and inquire about getting them!
Kyro
Plasticator

Re: BerdAir comeing soon From Yellow Jacket Concepts

Post by Kyro »

I just installed the berd air max v2 kit on my rosrock v2 last weekend. Gotta say love the cooling though a little louder than I like I'm still happy. I ran into an issue though and hoping I can get some help... After my prints finish the cooling kit continues to run and won't turn off unless I manually do it via the LCD menu or turning off power to the machine all together. I am running the Rambo board on my v2 so I have it wired directly off of the fan wires. Has anyone experienced this and fixed it or do you have suggestions on how I could fix it?
Dionysus480
Printmaster!

Post by Dionysus480 »

This is so cool. You motivated me to solve the same behavior. I think if your slicer supports an ending script to turn off the hotend and bed, an M107 command should automatically turn the fan off as part of the process.

Man... I've been bugged by that but never motivated enough to fix it. But there you have it. So thank you.
Dionysus480 & Sons

Rostock MAX v2 - "M2D2"

"Do or do not, there is no try." Yoda
Kyro
Plasticator

Post by Kyro »

Dionysus480 wrote:This is so cool. You motivated me to solve the same behavior. I think if your slicer supports an ending script to turn off the hotend and bed, an M107 command should automatically turn the fan off as part of the process.

Man... I've been bugged by that but never motivated enough to fix it. But there you have it. So thank you.
What's odd though is when I had the stock fans on the printer they would automatically turn off after the print was finish. This didn't start happening until I installed the berd air.

However I'll try out adding a command to turn off the fans and see how that works out...just confused what changed to need it.
Mekra
Plasticator

Post by Mekra »

Mine works just like the standard fan, but I have a V3 with a eSwitch board. Not sure why it wouldn't turn off of it turns on. Sorry I don't have any other help.
Rostock Max V3, 713 Maker Effector, E3D v6, Berd-Air Max.
Dionysus480
Printmaster!

Post by Dionysus480 »

In the research I did when I was doing custom rewiring on my hotend, I think it has to do with how the Duet switches things on/off versus how the eSwitch is wired in. Essentially the input from the Duet becomes a control circuit. Because some of that control circuit is common with the motor wiring, the control has to be set to 0 rather than open/closed. I'm probably butchering the explanation, so hopefully one of the electrical engineers can chime in an correct it.
Dionysus480 & Sons

Rostock MAX v2 - "M2D2"

"Do or do not, there is no try." Yoda
Kyro
Plasticator

Post by Kyro »

I'm not using the duet board, I have A v2 with the Rambo board.

Return to “Members Marketplace”