Dampers!

Do you print/build/make/create 'stuff' for modifying SeeMeCNC machines? Post them here if you do so others can see and inquire about getting them!
astroboy907
Printmaster!

Re: Astrosyn Dampers!

Post by astroboy907 »

Lightpath wrote:I am definitely interested, I'll keep an eye out!
They arrived early! I'll send you off a PM!
Flateric wrote: Black ABS, weak part, bizzare holes, bad layer adhesion, loss of details. Loss of sanity.
My Heatware!.
astroboy907
Printmaster!

Post by astroboy907 »

Now stocking a Rostock Max Kit! This includes the six M3 6mm screws needed to mount the motor to the damper. Save yourself a trip to the hardware store!

Prices:
$23 for a set of three
$23.50 for a set of three with mounting hardware
Flateric wrote: Black ABS, weak part, bizzare holes, bad layer adhesion, loss of details. Loss of sanity.
My Heatware!.
forrie
Printmaster!

Post by forrie »

Finally got around to mounting mine from the last batch! They really do make a massive difference, and cut down the annoying high frequency noise. It's not silent, but much much better than before.
I'm not an alcoholic...I'm Australian!
astroboy907
Printmaster!

Post by astroboy907 »

Sorry guys, looks like I'll be out of town over the weekend. I can't ship anything until monday 6/30 at the earliest. I will probably be able to respond to PMs though. Thanks! :D

Edit: Back!
My Heatware!.
bauf
Printmaster!

Post by bauf »

Hey, is it still possible to get a hold of 3 of these from you?
bot
Printmaster!

Post by bot »

I hope not to step on Astroboy's toes, but if he doesn't have any stock left, these people ( http://www.tridprinting.com/Electronics/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ) likely do. They shipped me 5 just today.
*not actually a robot
astroboy907
Printmaster!

Post by astroboy907 »

bot wrote:I hope not to step on Astroboy's toes, but if he doesn't have any stock left, these people ( http://www.tridprinting.com/Electronics/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ) likely do. They shipped me 5 just today.
No hurt feelings here man, people are free to shop wherever! I just saw a need here and filled it :)
That being said, I do have the dampers in stock and plan to stock them for the foreseeable future.
bauf wrote:Hey, is it still possible to get a hold of 3 of these from you?
PM incoming :)
My Heatware!.
bot
Printmaster!

Post by bot »

I was going to PM you and ask you if you had any but I had to wait for my forum account to get activated, and I was impatient so I ordered them from the other place. Do you have a website or anything set up? Or an email address I can direct people to in the future?
*not actually a robot
astroboy907
Printmaster!

Post by astroboy907 »

bot wrote:I was going to PM you and ask you if you had any but I had to wait for my forum account to get activated, and I was impatient so I ordered them from the other place. Do you have a website or anything set up? Or an email address I can direct people to in the future?
I definitely know the feeling! I don't have a website currently (but I'll say now that I do have one in the works ;) , just working out a logo and the web design when I have the time).

If you really want to direct people to me, my email address is photogeek121:at:gmail:dot:com, replacing the relevant bits. Though I'm wondering to myself why I even try hiding that from spam-bots, it's getting loads already :D
My Heatware!.
bot
Printmaster!

Post by bot »

Sounds good. I could try a few iterations in Illustrator on a logo for you too, if you want. (I'm bored these days) What do you want it to be/say/represent?
*not actually a robot
astroboy907
Printmaster!

Post by astroboy907 »

bot wrote:Sounds good. I could try a few iterations in Illustrator on a logo for you too, if you want. (I'm bored these days) What do you want it to be/say/represent?
And therein lies the problem :D
Something edgy is all I'm thinking, maybe simple but not minimalistic.

I'm still trying to come up with a brand that I like the name of. It can be arbitrary but most of what I am coming up with is 3d printing related stuff. Right now I'm fairly certain that I'll have a "Delta" in the name somewhere. I was browsing around and really like the penrose triangle and think that I could definitely base my logo off of that. These are just some things pulled off of google...
[img]http://l.rgbimg.com/cache1n1ZJB/users/j ... dHPoFf.jpg[/img]
[img]http://pixelclouds.com/wp-content/uploa ... angle.jpeg[/img]
[img]http://www.cryonie.com/fr/mentalisme/im ... iangle.jpg[/img]

Just design rambling right now... I'm going to take some time this weekend to mull things over. By all means post something if you feel compelled and inspired but please don't feel obligated to do it on my behalf :D
My Heatware!.
bot
Printmaster!

Post by bot »

That triangle definitely could play into it. Do you have any name at all? Or any ideas for one? Are you going to be focused on only the dampers, or other delta-bot related parts? I'm not really the best at logo design but I'm bored until my kit arrives and that sounds like something to fill the time on rainy days.
*not actually a robot
astroboy907
Printmaster!

Post by astroboy907 »

bot wrote:That triangle definitely could play into it. Do you have any name at all? Or any ideas for one? Are you going to be focused on only the dampers, or other delta-bot related parts? I'm not really the best at logo design but I'm bored until my kit arrives and that sounds like something to fill the time on rainy days.
Sent a PM with more details and to avoid over-bumping in the for-sale forum. If anyone wants to discuss more business/logo related stuff with me, PM me or ask me to make a separate thread and I'll be happy to :)
Thanks!
Thomas
My Heatware!.
astroboy907
Printmaster!

Post by astroboy907 »

10/06/14 Update - I'm well and truly out of stock right now. Astrosyn has said they are out of stock until the end of the month. I'll see if I can get anything before then, but it looks like it might take some time before I'm up and running again.
My Heatware!.
astroboy907
Printmaster!

Re: Dampers!

Post by astroboy907 »

Well, it's time for the big reveal I guess...

I have been looking into other damper options for a while now, and have finally decided to switch suppliers.
I'm going to try to keep this short and sweet, so here they are:
The newest additions to the damper family
The newest additions to the damper family
P2360280.JPG

The rubber in the dampers is actually slightly harder than the Astrosyn dampers, which should offer a more stable platform for the steppers while still offering very similar sound dampening to the Astrosyns. There are a couple of other reasons I finally made the decision to switch, mostly due to stock issues and lead time (but that's likely no concern of yours :) ).

Anyways, I am back in stock, and should be for quite a while. There are some new changes coming in the future soon - I am working on a little web-store to hopefully make it easier to order, and I might even start stocking more products if there is interest.

Thank you all for your support!!! And a big thank you to SeeMeCNC for letting me stick around their forums and peddle my wares. I'll try not to step on your guys' toes :)

- Thomas
tl;dr I got new dampers and I'm back in stock :)
My Heatware!.
0110-m-p
Printmaster!

Post by 0110-m-p »

Awesome...I was actually hoping for some stiffer dampers. I love the noise reduction, but was considering going back to hard mounted to see if there was a noticeable improvement in performance (I've had the original dampers since day 1).
Current Machines || Rostock Max (V1) | V3DR ||
Previous Machines || Flashforge Creator Pro ||
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Eaglezsoar »

astroboy907, the idea of a web "store" is great and I hope you are able to implement it.
pkhzor
Prints-a-lot

Post by pkhzor »

They arrived and look great, I haven't had the chance to test them out yet though due to the hassle of installing them. Got one of them on and then life got in the way so it's waiting to be turned on and tested. Thanks for the dampers !
dkaustin
Prints-a-lot

Post by dkaustin »

Got a set of these and am happy with the results. Installing the first one was kind of frustrating, but numbers two and three went much easier and faster. I hadn't really thought of my Max as being noisy, but the difference is a pleasant surprise. Thanks, Astroboy!
jckrieger
Printmaster!

Post by jckrieger »

PM'd for an invoice. Has the price changed for the new design? Has anyone noticed a performance impact? I'd be installing these for my first build.
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Eaglezsoar »

jckrieger wrote:PM'd for an invoice. Has the price changed for the new design? Has anyone noticed a performance impact? I'd be installing these for my first build.
Not a performance impact unless 4 times quieter could be considered a performance impact.
I was truly amazed at how much quieter the Rostock max is with the dampers. To me it is the
greatest option you can add to these deltas and probably the Cartesians also.
pkhzor
Prints-a-lot

Post by pkhzor »

Eaglezsoar wrote:
jckrieger wrote:PM'd for an invoice. Has the price changed for the new design? Has anyone noticed a performance impact? I'd be installing these for my first build.
Not a performance impact unless 4 times quieter could be considered a performance impact.
I was truly amazed at how much quieter the Rostock max is with the dampers. To me it is the
greatest option you can add to these deltas and probably the Cartesians also.
It's ridiculous how much of a difference it makes, I didn't think it'd be this much before but it's now more quiet than my PC. Installing these isn't as much of a pain in the ass as I first thought, you just need a wrench with a long-ish screwdriver tip on it which I didn't have so I had to use pliers.
astroboy907
Printmaster!

Post by astroboy907 »

Price hasn't changed for the new ones.
Never received a PM, but I did get a couple orders with my paypal button and through eBay if one of them was you.
My Heatware!.
eternalized
Noob

Post by eternalized »

I was wondering if you had anymore in stock?
astroboy907
Printmaster!

Post by astroboy907 »

eternalized wrote:I was wondering if you had anymore in stock?
Yes I do. Please PM me for details.
My Heatware!.

Return to “Members Marketplace”