Dampers!

Do you print/build/make/create 'stuff' for modifying SeeMeCNC machines? Post them here if you do so others can see and inquire about getting them!
astroboy907
Printmaster!

Dampers!

Post by astroboy907 »

Back in stock as of Nov 12, 2014!!
Price is $23 shipped USA for a set of three, including Rostock MAX hardware if you want it!

Feel free to contact me by PM or posting here for special quantities or if you would like an invoice sent to you via PayPal. Postage will be through USPS first class mail unless otherwise specified.

Please, do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions about these. I am very flexible with shipping, etc.

If you want more info on these, check out these threads. These are pretty awesome!
http://forum.seemecnc.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=2236
http://forum.seemecnc.com/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=1235
Last edited by astroboy907 on Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:57 pm, edited 22 times in total.
Flateric wrote: Black ABS, weak part, bizzare holes, bad layer adhesion, loss of details. Loss of sanity.
My Heatware!.
626Pilot
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Re: Astrosyn Dampers!

Post by 626Pilot »

They work like a charm. If you sit within 10 feet of your printer or want to use it when other people around you want to enjoy peace and quiet, these are a must. They turn the sharp, ear-shattering whine into something much more tolerable. I can sit right next to my printer and have it printing all day without any noise fatigue or ear pain. It isn't whisper quiet, but it's close enough!

So, I already got mine... but if you're reading this thread and you don't have these dampers, GET THEM. They are among the first mods you should do.
astroboy907
Printmaster!

Post by astroboy907 »

Guessing no one is interested this time around? Lol... I guess they kind of are a 1 time buy :) Let me know if you're interested still.
Flateric wrote: Black ABS, weak part, bizzare holes, bad layer adhesion, loss of details. Loss of sanity.
My Heatware!.
Flateric
Printmaster!

Post by Flateric »

Thanks for the quote in your sig, I had forgotten about that time in my printing frustration, lol!

Got a chuckle outa me.
"Now you see why evil will always triumph! Because good is dumb." - Spaceballs
karlo
Prints-a-lot

Post by karlo »

If you go through with the purchase, I'll take a set, shipped to Norway.

- Karl
astroboy907
Printmaster!

Post by astroboy907 »

karlo wrote:If you go through with the purchase, I'll take a set, shipped to Norway.

- Karl
Wow- Norway is a bit out there, considering these will be shipped out from the UK to the US and then back out, but I'm willing to do it! It would be roughly $32 american dollars though unless I can find a cheaper shipping service. I'm probably just about ready to buy some 15 of them, anybody else?
My Heatware!.
Toyguy
Printmaster!

Post by Toyguy »

Can't quite commit yet but I'm hoping to decide between the Max and a Makerbot this week and place an order. If I go Max, I'd be interested.

Dave
karlo
Prints-a-lot

Post by karlo »

astroboy907 wrote:Wow- Norway is a bit out there, considering these will be shipped out from the UK to the US and then back out, but I'm willing to do it! It would be roughly $32 american dollars though unless I can find a cheaper shipping service. I'm probably just about ready to buy some 15 of them, anybody else?
Even though the UK is close to Norway, the shipping was $45... It just seemed wasteful to pay so much for shipping ten when I only need three. Please PM me if and when you decide to go through with this (just in case I miss the thread updates).

- Karl
astroboy907
Printmaster!

Post by astroboy907 »

karlo wrote:
astroboy907 wrote:Wow- Norway is a bit out there, considering these will be shipped out from the UK to the US and then back out, but I'm willing to do it! It would be roughly $32 american dollars though unless I can find a cheaper shipping service. I'm probably just about ready to buy some 15 of them, anybody else?
Even though the UK is close to Norway, the shipping was $45... It just seemed wasteful to pay so much for shipping ten when I only need three. Please PM me if and when you decide to go through with this (just in case I miss the thread updates).

- Karl
Ok, thats cool, just wanted to double check. If Toyguy wants some or someone else decides to buy I'm putting in an order this week. Thanks!
My Heatware!.
lordbinky
Printmaster!

Post by lordbinky »

I just linked this topic in a google groups Delta printer thread *cough*(again). Ugh I dislike how google has that setup sometimes..

Anyways, there was a group of people that did a group buy after I posted the astrodyne damper link. I could have swore I linked this thread there already, but it looks like it failed to stick when I embedded it. A few of them have gotten them installed and they seemed to have worked as well for them as they have for us on the rostock max. So there may be more people interested after more people reporting good results.
AlexBorro
Plasticator

Post by AlexBorro »

Hi Atroboy, I'm interested in some units...
How much is the shipment to Brazil of 10 units by regular mail (flat mail or Priority Mail)?

Thanks.

Alex.
astroboy907
Printmaster!

Post by astroboy907 »

AlexBorro wrote:Hi Atroboy, I'm interested in some units...
How much is the shipment to Brazil of 10 units by regular mail (flat mail or Priority Mail)?

Thanks.

Alex.
Please message me to help work out the pricing on this, and what exactly you are looking for shipping wise. It will likely be around $100 USD however. Shipping is anywhere from $14 to $50+ depending on how fast you need them.
My Heatware!.
Toyguy
Printmaster!

Post by Toyguy »

OK, I'm in! Kit ordered today :)
astroboy907
Printmaster!

Post by astroboy907 »

Ok, any last minute calls? Otherwise ordering this week. I'll probably buy a few extra just in case but make sure to let me know asap if you are getting any. Right now I have 16 dampers down, 3 to Norway, 10 to Brazil and 3 to toyguy.
My Heatware!.
astroboy907
Printmaster!

Post by astroboy907 »

No?
Getting an order ready. Planning on monday/tuesday depending on how fast they reply to me.

Thomas

Edit: got back from Astrosyn and they are on backorder until december. Let me know if you are still interested or not, I understand if you need these sooner or don't want to wait.
My Heatware!.
karlo
Prints-a-lot

Post by karlo »

astroboy907 wrote: Edit: got back from Astrosyn and they are on backorder until december. Let me know if you are still interested or not, I understand if you need these sooner or don't want to wait.
Fine with me, I can wait.

- Karl
Toyguy
Printmaster!

Re: Astrosyn Dampers! Edit: No stock until december! :(

Post by Toyguy »

I'm fine with waiting, looks like a simple install later.
cope413
Printmaster!

Post by cope413 »

Eh, it's not complicated, but it's not fun if your machine is already built... plan on an hour or so
Fellow Philosophy majors unite!

"The proverbial achilles heel of property monistic epiphenomenalism is the apparent impossibility of ex-nihilo materialization of non-structural and qualitatively new causal powers."
lordbinky
Printmaster!

Post by lordbinky »

This was posted in the google group's deltabot discussion, may be an option for the impatient.

http://www.servomotor24.de/Zubehoer-BLD ... fe817b99c0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
astroboy907
Printmaster!

Post by astroboy907 »

lordbinky wrote:This was posted in the google group's deltabot discussion, may be an option for the impatient.

http://www.servomotor24.de/Zubehoer-BLD ... fe817b99c0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
There was another source of these somewhere too, I'll try to find it as well. No American sources that I've found though.
My Heatware!.
rsyntax
Plasticator

Post by rsyntax »

Hi Guys,

I wonder if these would work: http://us.nanotec.com/products/1117-dam ... ng-flange/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thoughts?
dpmacri
Printmaster!

Post by dpmacri »

They appear to be for NEMA 17 motors, so I would guess they'd word fine.
astroboy907
Printmaster!

Post by astroboy907 »

Good news, I asked astrosyn if they had 16 pieces in stock because I originally asked for several more earlier to get extra. Order will be placed tomorrow morning if possible. Ill PM you all when they arrive. Thanks!

Edit: they just informed me that they ran out of stock :( a no-go again until the first week of December.
Thomas

I'm also preparing a list of alternative sources for these dampers. Thanks to all who gave some extra sources for these.
My Heatware!.
CJGerard
Printmaster!

Post by CJGerard »

astroboy907 wrote: There was another source of these somewhere too, I'll try to find it as well. No American sources that I've found though.
I remember searching for an American supplier when you did your first round of dampers. (I was late to the party and didn't think i would get a set) As I recall there is one Large company here in the US that makes them, but they also patented them in the US and only sell them attached their servo motors which are some insane price.

As a side note, I found this design that's untested while browsing the forums. http://repables.com/r/143/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; It seems like it will work.
Boss 1 - "I'm tiered of arguing with you! You come up with the MOST Stupid-Outlandish-Impossible way to do something & then you walk out into the shop and DO IT and IT WORKS. Its no fun anymore."
Boss 2 - "Huh? Chris is a Ninja?"
astroboy907
Printmaster!

Re: Astrosyn Dampers! Edit: Will get them in December!

Post by astroboy907 »

Nice idea, CJGerard, I'd love to see how it turns out if you decide to do it.
Fr the meantime, I've done some searing around and there are a couple places in the US that make them, none of them very cheap. I'll try to get a list up soon!

Any last minute orders for Astrosyn? They'll be ordered any day now. I'll buy extras :)
My Heatware!.

Return to “Members Marketplace”