Motor brand

A place for anything else electronics related
adarcher
Printmaster!

Motor brand

Post by adarcher »

Not sure if this is the correct forum, but I'm looking for how to identify my motors. They have no labels on them. I bought my V2 about in Oct 2015. I got the ballcup arms in the kit, but also an ATX powersupply.

I've also got some other unmarked motors. Are there serial numbers hidden somewhere, possibly inside? I don't mind opening them up, but I don't want to unless I have to.
Xenocrates
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Re: Motor brand

Post by Xenocrates »

They are likely from Automation technology. In most cases, somewhere on the outer casing there will be a model number. However, if I am recalling correctly, they have stickers rather than engraved serial numbers or model numbers. I believe they are KL17H247-168-4A motors. As for other unmarked motor's, your best bet is to try to characterize them rather than trying to find internal model numbers, as to a large extent, the numbers are intended to make inventory control or replacement easier, and having to open a motor doesn't serve either purpose. You can always try though.
Machines:
Rostock Max V2, Duet .8.5, PT100 enabled E3D V6 and volcano, Raymond style enclosure
Automation Technology 60W laser cutter/engraver
1m X-carve router

Sic Transit Gloria Mundi
01-10011-11111100001
adarcher
Printmaster!

Post by adarcher »

I actually found a sticker on the bottom of the bottom plate :O

You were right about the Automation Tech inc.
KL17H248-15-4A
DeltaCon
Printmaster!

Post by DeltaCon »

I once wanted to find my motor specifics. I stuck my phone in the base an shot about 50 pictures in different positions until I found one with the label on it ;-)
I am DeltaCon, I have a delta, my name is Con, I am definitely PRO delta! ;-)
Rostock V2 / E3D Volcano / FSR kit / Duet 0.6

PS.: Sorry for the avatar, that's my other hobby!

Return to “OTHER Electronics”