New RepRapFirmware 1.18 released today

mhackney
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

New RepRapFirmware 1.18 released today

Post by mhackney »

Versin 1.18 now available: https://github.com/dc42/RepRapFirmware/ ... iFi/Stable

Release notes from David - READ THE UPGRADE NOTES, there are changes that you will need to make from previous versions.

There is a preferred order to do the upgrade (unique to this version, 1.19 will be slightly different). Do them in this order:
  1. Iap4e.bin
  2. DuetWiFiFirmware-1.18.bin
  3. DuetWIFiServer-1.03-ch.bin (note this has not changed for this release so if you already have it, no need to re-install)
  4. DuetWebControl-1.15a.bin
New features:
  • First official release for Duet Ethernet
  • M204 is now implemented (P and T parameters only)
  • M997 command now checks that the start of the main firmware file looks sensible
  • The rate at which "No tool selected" and "Attempt to move before homing a delta printer" messages are generated is now limited
  • Added VSSA fault detection if the hardware supports it
  • If there are too many probe points implied by a M557 grid definition command, the firmware displays a suggested increased spacing
  • On the wired Duets, M586 can be used to set which network protocols are supported and which port numbers are used. By default, http is enabled, ftp and telnet are disabled.
  • Baby stepping is now implemented using the M290 command. The accumulated baby stepping amount is reported in M408 replies.
  • Faster and easier-to-use auto tune algorithm with more consistent dead time measurement
  • M109, M190 and M191 commands now send the temperatures once a second if the command came from the USB port and Marlin emulation is chosen
  • The name of the firmware file to load is now passed to IAP, so that iap4e.bin can be used on both the Duet WiFi and the Duet Ethernet
  • Added code queue so that fan commands etc. are synchronised to movement (thanks chrishamm)
  • Added chrishamm's input buffering code (thanks chrishamm)
  • Reduced the Duet WiFi VIN over-voltage detection threshold from 29.5V to 29.0V
  • Live coordinates are now reported to 3 decimal places instead of 2
  • When using a Z probe type other than 2, the probe output is sampled every 1ms instead of every 2ms for faster response
  • PanelDue status responses continue to be sent while executing M109/116/190/191 commands
  • Increased maximum permitted motor current on TMC2660 drivers to 2.4A
  • Improved error messages when a M303 command has an out-of-range parameter
  • We now use a USB VID/PID allocated to us instead oif Atmel's CDC example ones
  • The Windows device driver now supports the Bossa Program Port, so you can now use bossac even if you don't have the Atmel or Arduino device driver for it installed
Bug fixes:
  • Fixed issue with loading height map file when the number of probe points along the X axis is large
  • Interpolation near the edges of the bed was incorrect when mesh bed compensation was used (thanks ChristophPech)
  • On the Duet WiFi, if you sent command M122 while the machine was printing then occasionally it would stop and reset due to a watchdog timeout
  • If multiple input sources sent overlapping G4 (dwell) commands, either or both of them would not be executed correctly
Other changes
  • M552 no longer includes the option to set the HTTP number. Use M586 instead.
  • M557 P parameter to set probing points is no longer supported. Use a bed.g file instead.
  • Temperatures default to 0C instead of -273C
Known issues
  • If you enable tool mixing, you should use relative extrusion only. If you use absolute extrusion, then if you pause and resume the print, the extruder is likely to extrude the wrong amount of filament in the first move after resuming.
  • If you use M586 to disable FTP or Telnet on the Duet 085 or 06 after you have previously enabled them, the firmware refuses new connections but does not terminate any existing connections.
  • FTP on the Duet Ethernet cannot be used to do file transfers
Upgrade notes
  • If you connect via USB from a Windows PC you should install the updated device driver in the Drivers folder of this repository
  • If you use the M552 R parameter to change the HTTP port number on a wired Duet, you will need to use M586 instead
  • If you use FTP or Telnet on a wired Duet, you will need to enable them using M586
  • It is recommended that you re-run heater auto tuning when upgrading to 1.18 from an earlier release
  • You may find that your Z probe trigger height is slightly higher than before, so you should re-measure it
  • When upgrading to this firmware, also upgrade iap.bin or iap4e.bin to latest version

Sublime Layers - my blog on Musings and Experiments in 3D Printing Technology and Art

Start Here:
A Strategy for Successful (and Great) Prints

Strategies for Resolving Print Artifacts

The Eclectic Angler
Jimustanguitar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Re: New RepRapFirmware 1.18 released today

Post by Jimustanguitar »

Of course I upgraded to 1.17e yesterday :)

The web control is a .zip or a .bin?
dc42
Printmaster!

Post by dc42 »

Jimustanguitar wrote: The web control is a .zip or a .bin?
It's a .zip for the wired Duets (including Duet Ethernet) and a .bin for the Duet WiFi.
Last edited by dc42 on Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
mhackney
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by mhackney »

I should have said I pulled out the file names and linked to the WiFi version. That's what most of us here use, at least at this time.

Sublime Layers - my blog on Musings and Experiments in 3D Printing Technology and Art

Start Here:

The Eclectic Angler
Renha
Printmaster!

Post by Renha »

mhackney wrote:Increased maximum permitted motor current on TMC2660 drivers to 2.4A
oh, i've just ordered 0.9 servos with 2.0 Amps, after long calculations which one is better - 2.0 Amps but Inductance=3, or 2.4 amps with Inductance 1.8 :? First was chosen because of old limit 2.0 Amps :cry:

Other than that, great news! My DuetWiFi should come soon   :roll:
3D printing is magic!

Sorry my engrish :-/ you could PM me in Russian.
bvandiepenbos
Printmaster!

Post by bvandiepenbos »

I have the older non WiFi board.
Do I upgrade with same files?

Do I upgrade the panel firmware also.

The guys at the MakerHive updated my to 1.17 last night, that figures :(
Can I do this 1.18 simply from Web interface?
Using bossacc via. USB was a PIA!

Any reason I would need to remove sd card to update files on it? Mine is rather hard to get to.
~*Brian V.

RostockMAX v2 (Stock)
MAX METAL "ShortyMAX"
MAX METAL Rostock MAX Printer Frame
NEMESIS Air Delta v1 & v2 -Aluminum delta printers
Rostock MAX "KITT" - Tri-Force Frame
GRABER i3 "Slim"
ccavanaugh
Printmaster!

Post by ccavanaugh »

I'm using a .85 board as well.

Use these three files and upgrade through the web interface https://github.com/dc42/RepRapFirmware/ ... 8.5/Stable... no need for the bossac method with the .85 board if it's on your network.

Upload the iap.bin file first and the WebControl file last.

The panel firmware is a bossac only upgrade. Current release is 1.16 and located here https://github.com/dc42/PanelDueFirmwar ... ase/Stable. And yes, it's a PIA after being able to use a web interface for upgrades.
bvandiepenbos wrote:I have the older non WiFi board.
Do I upgrade with same files?

Do I upgrade the panel firmware also.

The guys at the MakerHive updated my to 1.17 last night, that figures :(
Can I do this 1.18 simply from Web interface?
Using bossacc via. USB was a PIA!

Any reason I would need to remove sd card to update files on it? Mine is rather hard to get to.
Jimustanguitar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Jimustanguitar »

After updating the web .zip on my 085, the version numbers don't line up. The zip file is v1.15a but the setup menu shows 1.11
Is this correct?

[img]http://i.imgur.com/HCXwBNv.png?1[/img]

Also, the SD card config.g is different. Are there any mandatory updates to the GCode required?
ccavanaugh
Printmaster!

Post by ccavanaugh »

I'm getting 1.15a in the web interface after upgrading. Maybe you need to clear your web browser cache? Did it ask you to refresh after uploading the zip file?

https://github.com/dc42/RepRapFirmware/ ... ATS_NEW.md contains notes on what needs to be updated in the config file. Just ready through and do as it says. Don't replace the config.g file, just alter as needed.
dc42
Printmaster!

Post by dc42 »

Jimustanguitar wrote:After updating the web .zip on my 085, the version numbers don't line up. The zip file is v1.15a but the setup menu shows 1.11
Is this correct?

Also, the SD card config.g is different. Are there any mandatory updates to the GCode required?
Looks like your existing web interface doesn't support upgrading DWC as a single zip file. I suggest you rename the existing /www folder to /www-old, create a new one, and extract the contacts of the DWC zip file to it. You can do the update via FTP if you don't want to move the SD card to your PC. See https://duet3d.com/wiki/SD_card_folder_structure for the SD card folder structure you need.

For gcode changes, see the Upgrade Notes section of the 1.18 release notes at https://github.com/dc42/RepRapFirmware/ ... ATS_NEW.md. If you are upgrading from earlier than 1.17 then also see the Upgrade Notes for the versions you skipped.
Jimustanguitar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Jimustanguitar »

dc42 wrote:Looks like your existing web interface doesn't support upgrading DWC as a single zip file. I suggest you rename the existing /www folder to /www-old, create a new one, and extract the contacts of the DWC zip file to it. You can do the update via FTP if you don't want to move the SD card to your PC. See https://duet3d.com/wiki/SD_card_folder_structure for the SD card folder structure you need.
That did the trick. Good to go, again.
Thanks, as always!
dc42
Printmaster!

Post by dc42 »

Due to a mistake I made with the USB VID/PID combinations we have been allocated, I have withdrawn the 1.18 release and replaced it by 1.18.1. The Windows USB device driver is also replaced. There are no other changes from 1.18.
bvandiepenbos
Printmaster!

Post by bvandiepenbos »

Thanks for info everyone.

Another question, can I edit the bed.g file, etc. from web interface? or only the config.g file.
~*Brian V.

RostockMAX v2 (Stock)
MAX METAL "ShortyMAX"
MAX METAL Rostock MAX Printer Frame
NEMESIS Air Delta v1 & v2 -Aluminum delta printers
Rostock MAX "KITT" - Tri-Force Frame
GRABER i3 "Slim"
mhackney
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by mhackney »

You can edit all of the config files in the web interface and even create and edit macro files.

Start Here:

The Eclectic Angler
DeltaCon
Printmaster!

Post by DeltaCon »

mhackney wrote:Faster and easier-to-use auto tune algorithm with more consistent dead time measurement
I upgraded to 1.18.1 yesterday and tried the new autotune feature. I am really impressed! Never had much luck with autotune, on rambo nor on Duet, but this time DC42 nailed it! Despite having a non-standard bed (20V and SSR) it works flawless now. Both HE and bed do not overshoot more than .2C anymore, and after a minute or so the set temp stays withing +/- 0.1C

Great, Thanks DC42!
I am DeltaCon, I have a delta, my name is Con, I am definitely PRO delta! ;-)
Rostock V2 / E3D Volcano / FSR kit / Duet 0.6

PS.: Sorry for the avatar, that's my other hobby!

Return to “Duet”