My issues and fixes when changing to DuetWIFI w/FSR

techstorage
Printmaster!

My issues and fixes when changing to DuetWIFI w/FSR

Post by techstorage »

First off, Thank You for all the information on converting to the Duet Wifi controller board on the Rostock Max printers. I was making use of all the information here to get my Black Max converted over this weekend.

Problem one: The FSR LED lights on the adaptor board worked when I pressed on the heat bed, but the led on for the E0 probe trigger was backwards. The light was always off till the probe or finger pushed on the heat bed.

What I found scoping through all the information online is you do need the jumper on the adapter board for the correct signal to go to the EO connector. This allowed the EO endstop led to trigger off when pushing on the heat bed.

Problem two: With G28 the motors don’t all go in the same direction. This was in the config.g file changing S0 to S1 or vice versa.
; Axis and motor configuration
M569 P0 S1 ; Drive 0 goes forwards
M569 P1 S0 ; Drive 1 goes backwards
M569 P2 S1 ; Drive 2 goes forwards
M569 P3 S0 ; Drive 3 goes backwards
M569 P4 S0 ; Drive 4 goes backwards
M574 X2 Y2 Z2 S1 ; set endstop configuration (all endstops at high end, active high)

Problem three: The probe lights would work and the DUEPanel would show the probe triggering, but the auto calibration would error and not see any Z probe. Print head would crash, or go off the heatbed ( my first clue it thought I had a bigger printer)

What I found is I needed to lower my delta radius numbers and heights values needed tweaking, Then the auto test started to work. This was helped out with turning on diags for the controller board with config.g

; Communication and general
M111 S1 ; Debug on

My end results after a few calibrations:
M665 R126.439 L285 B140 H331.853 X1.918 Y-0.59 Z0 ; set delta radius, diagonal rod length, printable radius and homed height
M666 X-.14 Y0.41 Z-0.27 ; put your endstop adjustments here, or let auto calibration find them

Problem three: My extruder now goes the correct way, but I get little over 1mm instead of the commanded 10mm.

What I remembered is my extruders have 3:1 gearing on them so I needed to up the steps/mm a lot higher.
M92 E460 ; Set extruder steps per mm

Lastly this it wasn’t a problem, the printer is so quiet running now that I just liked the fan for the hot end to shutoff when cooled below 50 deg C, the code I changed was:
; Fans
;M106 P1 H-1 ; disable thermostatic mode for fan 1
M106 P1 T50 S255 H1 ; Set hotend heatsink FAN1 thermostatic control at 50°C

Yes the steppers are very quiet now compared to the RAMBo controller.
Thanks again for all the documented help on this website and https://duet3d.com/wiki/Duet_Wiki for making my conversion a success this weekend.

Return to “Duet”