Plasticator

Updating webcontrol issue

Post by sunkenbier »

Firmware Version:
1.20 (2017-12-23)
WiFi Server Version:

I tried updating the DuetWebControl to the most current version and it states:

Error
You cannot upload web interface files as a ZIP file on a Duet WiFi!

Is this normal behavior? I unzipped the files and did the upload of the unzipped files. It shows that I'm running version is:

Web Interface Version:

but when I try to control my temperatures I receive the below error. Would anyone know the fix for this?

JavaScript Error

A JavaScript error has occurred so the web interface has closed the connection to your board. It is recommended to reload the web interface now. If this happens again, please contact the author and share this error message:

Message: Unable to get property '1' of undefined or null reference
URL: http://192.168.1.18/js/dwc.js
Line: 4022:3
Error object: {}
dc42
Printmaster!

Re: Updating webcontrol issue

Post by dc42 »

When upgrading firmware from 1.18 or earlier to 1.19 or later on the Duet WiFi, we recommend you move the SD card to a PC, delete the old /www folder, create a new one, and unzip the new DuetWebControl.zip to it. After that you will be able to upgrade it in DWC next time.
sunkenbier
Plasticator

Post by sunkenbier »

I Was going from 18 to 19 but I resolved it in the same manner as you suggested. Thank you for the quick response.
dc42
Printmaster!

Post by dc42 »

I think your HTML and JS files may have got out of step, because using DWC 1.19 you should have been able to upgrade to 1.20 without getting that message. Sometimes it is necessary to clear the browser cache before you pick up the new versions of the DWC files. The latest DWC warns you if the version numbers of the html and js files do not match.

Return to “Duet”