Problem calibrating printer

The new for 2016 RostockMAX v3!
tek
Plasticator

Problem calibrating printer

Post by tek »

I just finished a new build and fired up the printer.

cleared eeprom and uploaded firmware, went into MC and used terminal and sent G29.
The printer homes correctly, but when it starts to auto calibrate the bed, it crashes into X tower and stays there.

Tried running the callibration procedure multiple times and also cleared eeprom again and used def firmware.

Any ideas what i am missing?
sfuelberth
Prints-a-lot

Re: Problem calibrating printer

Post by sfuelberth »

I had this happen, check your end stops. Use the M119 command to make sure that your end stops show open and closed at the appropriate times, make sure the wires are seated securely both on the board and in the connectors themselves. This is where I would start but it could be something else.
thechewiestbacca
Printmaster!

Post by thechewiestbacca »

Which version of the firmware are you using? The problem your describing sounds like one that I had, and I solved it by making sure that my #define PRINTER in the configuration.h was set to my model (2). (In my case the Rostock Max v2) This may not work because the default is the RM3, and if you uploaded the default (5), then what I suggested would make no sense.

Code: Select all

// ### Define your Printer Model here! ###
#define PRINTER 2
I hope this helps
tek
Plasticator

Post by tek »

thechewiestbacca wrote:Which version of the firmware are you using? The problem your describing sounds like one that I had, and I solved it by making sure that my #define PRINTER in the configuration.h was set to my model (2). (In my case the Rostock Max v2) This may not work because the default is the RM3, and if you uploaded the default (5), then what I suggested would make no sense.

// ### Define your Printer Model here! ###
#define PRINTER 2
I hope this helps
Thanks for your reply, i am currently running firmware 20161227, 092.2 DEV as this solved some issues previously for others.
Verified the configuration and it should be correct
tek
Plasticator

Post by tek »

Got tip from support to run M261 in terminal and touch the hotend to get readings which showed none.

Verified the blue wire, and it sure was set in the wrong position inside the terminal that goes into the Rambo acordingly to the Wiring diagram. http://seemecnc.dozuki.com/Document/23/.pdf

Still, cant remember that i assembled this side of the wiring and it came preassembled?
Twingert
Plasticator

Post by Twingert »

IMG_3148.JPG
I a man having a similar issue. During the initial calibration hot end floats down as it should and then veers towards a tower and proceeds to run like a jackhammer. I took this pic of the messages it gives. I am completely new to this so forgive me if I have not described the situation well.
thechewiestbacca
Printmaster!

Post by thechewiestbacca »

(to twingert) Try inverting the Y-Axis. I don't remember what the default looks like, nor do I know the line it is on, but here is what I changed mine to in the configuration.h and it solved the problem you are talking about for me:

#define INVERT_X_DIR 0
#define INVERT_Y_DIR 1   
#define INVERT_Z_DIR 0
Twingert
Plasticator

Post by Twingert »

Thank you thechewiestbacca for the suggestion. I tried it but no luck. It did the same as before but it did it floating in mid air about halfway down.

Return to “RostockMAX v3”