Applying PEI

The new for 2016 RostockMAX v3!
djarmag
Printmaster!

Applying PEI

Post by djarmag »

I already have a glass+PEI sheet as my primary surface, but there are microbubbles. I was just thinking to lessen the variation during cal and whatnot, has anyone tried applying it wet? The first time I did it I failed miserably so the second time I just applied it dry and squeegeed it as best I can. I planned to get more surfaces to swap out which is why I ask.
Jimustanguitar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Re: Applying PEI

Post by Jimustanguitar »

This may be a silly idea, but... How crazy does it sound to try applying the sheet while it's completely submerged? You could find a cake pan or something like that and easily mix water and a drop of dish soap to make a chamber to do the application in...

I might have to try this on my next one.
lightninjay
Printmaster!

Post by lightninjay »

djarmag wrote:I already have a glass+PEI sheet as my primary surface, but there are microbubbles. I was just thinking to lessen the variation during cal and whatnot, has anyone tried applying it wet? The first time I did it I failed miserably so the second time I just applied it dry and squeegeed it as best I can. I planned to get more surfaces to swap out which is why I ask.
To my knowledge, this is the way that most forum members have applied theirs.
If at first you don't succeed, you're doing something wrong. Try again, and if it fails again, try once more. Through trial and error, one can be the first to accomplish something great.
djarmag
Printmaster!

Post by djarmag »

I might have just squeegeed a bit too hard and/or put too much water, I've done tint/car wrap/phone screen protectors, but this PEI adhesive was a pain in the arse. Did you apply it to the Glass or PEI first?

Return to “RostockMAX v3”