Rostock Max v3 calibrating script.

The new for 2016 RostockMAX v3!
cloneit3d
Printmaster!

Re: Rostock Max v3 calibrating script.

Post by cloneit3d »

Once the V3 is calibrated if you want to manually tweak the Z-height just above the heated bed what would you use for Gcode? Gcode of M114 shows the current values of X,Y,Z, mine are all set to 0.0. On other printers I would simply enter a value using M212 for Z, either positive or negative, and then save the change with an M500. What I am trying to avoid is crashing the hot end into the bed. I want to move the hot end away from the bed as the first layer is much to close and so I want to raise the hot end up slightly. I have had two other printers that the number would be positive on one printer and negative on the other. Tips and help much appreciated.

Cheers,

Tim
Self designed plasma cutting table running Mach3
Orbot Hadron running and E3d 6, Smoothie on an Azteeg Mini, LCD, fully adjustable glass bed of my design with a silicone mat heater.
Prtrbot Simple Metal
Table top CNC running Mach 3
PartDaddy
Printmaster!

Post by PartDaddy »

We recommend using the LCD rather than gcode now. Also look for a *possible* firmware update at the end of the week related to probing.
~PartDaddy
SeeMeCNC Owner & Founder
Blackpoint Engineering is SeeMeCNC
Since 1996
DerStig
Printmaster!

Post by DerStig »

PartDaddy wrote:We recommend using the LCD rather than gcode now. Also look for a *possible* firmware update at the end of the week related to probing.
Will the new firmware work on V2's that have been upgraded to the HE280's?
cloneit3d
Printmaster!

Post by cloneit3d »

PartDaddy wrote:We recommend using the LCD rather than gcode now. Also look for a *possible* firmware update at the end of the week related to probing.
Any word on an update being release today? I have had one good auto calibrate and I lost that this week working on a Z-offset so I can use Cura as the slice engine in Matter Control. When you use it you lose the option to set the Z-height offset in Matter. I think I can just add this to the start G-code and adjust it from there- G92 Z 0.00 ; adjusts the z-offset I can then look at the start of the print and can then go back and adjust Z 0.0 to be a positive or negative number. I prefer to be able to control my prints in this manner with all the different filaments used and different bed and extruder temperatures.
Self designed plasma cutting table running Mach3
Orbot Hadron running and E3d 6, Smoothie on an Azteeg Mini, LCD, fully adjustable glass bed of my design with a silicone mat heater.
Prtrbot Simple Metal
Table top CNC running Mach 3
mhackney
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by mhackney »

Word: I have been testing the new firmware for an hour or so. Its looking much much better. I'm on my way out (27th anniversary) to dinner but I'll post photos later or in the morning. The firmware will be in dev for the weekend (the dev branch on github) and then moved to release once we've banged on it.

Sublime Layers - my blog on Musings and Experiments in 3D Printing Technology and Art

Start Here:
A Strategy for Successful (and Great) Prints

Strategies for Resolving Print Artifacts

The Eclectic Angler
DeltaCon
Printmaster!

Post by DeltaCon »

guanu wrote:That gcode must end in a M500 or the values will not save to the eeprom. The correct code should be as follows:

G69 S2 ;Endstop Calibration
M117 ENDSTOPS CALIBRATED
G68 ;Horizontal Radius Calibration
M117 HORIZONTAL RADIUS CALIBRATED
G30 S2 ;Z height calibration
M117 Z Height Calibrated
M500 ;Save values to EEPROM
G4 S2
M117 SAVING CALIBRATION
Hope I may ask a related V2 question here...
I have a v2 with fsr setup and probing works fine. I is just not storing the new value. G30 S2 should store and does not, but reading this thread I learned that M500 fixes the problem. In my case it does not fix the problem. Is it something in my V 0.92.9 firmware? Output in the log says "Info:Configuration stored to Eeprom" but the Z Max Length does not change...
I am DeltaCon, I have a delta, my name is Con, I am definitely PRO delta! ;-)
Rostock V2 / E3D Volcano / FSR kit / Duet 0.6

PS.: Sorry for the avatar, that's my other hobby!
javiercordero20
Printmaster!

Post by javiercordero20 »

Hello,

I wondered if its possible to do more points during calibration? E.G instead of only the 3 tower points it does 6 points

-Javier.
gibeaug
Printmaster!

Post by gibeaug »

I want to use the borosilicate plate from my first V2 MAX that has a copper heat spreader and adhered PEI sheet all trimmed to the diameter of the original plate. I installed it - but it is smaller in diameter than the plate that ships with the V3 - and the calibration code causes the hot end to try to bounce in the gap created between the plate and the machine bed.

is there an easy way to modify the calibration script to reduce the diameter to the original plate size?

I do have an extra copper plate and PEI sheet that I will be trimming to fit the new plate - but I want to do some testing using the old plate until I have the time to create the new items of the correct size.

TIA

-George-
pouncingiguana
Printmaster!

Post by pouncingiguana »

George,

It's pretty straightforward to change the probe points. You'll want to pull the current firmware and edit the Configuration.h file to change the probe points for the V3 (Line #403 to 408). Make sure when you change the probe points that it's still probing right in front of each tower. Once you've got that changed and uploaded to your V3, you're good to go.

-Ryan
gibeaug
Printmaster!

Post by gibeaug »

Thank you so much for your quick response - - that is why I like the SeeMeCNC community - everyone is so helpful and responsive.

-George-
TKCC71
Prints-a-lot

Post by TKCC71 »

SeemeCNC newbee here. I'm not the best at understanding G-codes (Barley enough to be dangerous) but have a question about this topic.

Is there a way that I can get this to calibrate prior to every print. I have a RoboR1 that does the bed leveling check before every print? I just built my V3 Max and just trying to figure it all out.

(Using Simplify 3D)
rocky00717
Plasticator

Post by rocky00717 »

TKCC71 wrote:SeemeCNC newbee here. I'm not the best at understanding G-codes (Barley enough to be dangerous) but have a question about this topic.

Is there a way that I can get this to calibrate prior to every print. I have a RoboR1 that does the bed leveling check before every print? I just built my V3 Max and just trying to figure it all out.

(Using Simplify 3D)
Just copy the gcode from the script and put it in your gcode start in s3d
BacklashRC
Plasticator

Post by BacklashRC »

Is it still recommended to run the script after the autocalibration (SeeMeCNC's delta calibration wizard), or is the script now built into the wizard? My first layer is thick at the bottom left of the bed, and thin at the top right.
Attachments
IMG_3906.JPG
jmargush
Printmaster!

Post by jmargush »

Does anyone know if SeeMeCNC is going to add the calibration wizard to the firmware at any point? I think it would be very efficient to automate the entire process.
DeltaCon
Printmaster!

Post by DeltaCon »

I don't think the code will fit a a standard Rambo board like the ones are still uses until today, so No, it wil not. There are rumours about a new 32 bit Rambo, that will probably do have built in calibration, why else create a new board? But on the other hand I saw the popular Duet boards in the parts section, so I am wondering if a 32bit Rambo will ever be used by SeeMe. I think the new upcoming Max v4 will answer these questions ;-)
I am DeltaCon, I have a delta, my name is Con, I am definitely PRO delta! ;-)
Rostock V2 / E3D Volcano / FSR kit / Duet 0.6

PS.: Sorry for the avatar, that's my other hobby!
jmargush
Printmaster!

Post by jmargush »

I've visited the new shop recently and they're working on some really cool stuff. I'm looking forward to it.
geneb
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by geneb »

The RAMBo doesn't have the resources to do the "advanced" calibration that is available via the website and the Duet.

g.
Delta Power!
Defeat the Cartesian Agenda!
http://www.f15sim.com - 80-0007, The only one of its kind.
http://geneb.simpits.org - Technical and Simulator Projects
wshiwsbrding
Prints-a-lot

Post by wshiwsbrding »

Does anyone know how to use the Auto Calibration plugin in OctoPrint? It seems the plugin is no longer compatible with more recent versions of OctoPrint since when I try to "activate" the plugin it fails.

I can't hardly print anything with my Rostock Max V3, one side is so close it drags and filament won't extrude and the other side its too far away and I get spaghetti.

I have tried the probe script but it doesnt improve anything. It only probes I think 4 places.

Thanks for any help anyone can offer!
geneb
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by geneb »

What happens when you flip the glass over? Same result?

g.
Delta Power!
Defeat the Cartesian Agenda!
http://www.f15sim.com - 80-0007, The only one of its kind.
http://geneb.simpits.org - Technical and Simulator Projects

Return to “RostockMAX v3”